Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » SRY, 1 more question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SRY, 1 more question.
Anndee
Neophyte
Member # 15271

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Anndee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really mad rite now, becauze my friend said she saw my crush, I don't wanna drop any namez...(so then don't) & she said she asked him if he liked me & He said, "No. She'z a POSER!" This 1 girl (I think she did it) started a rumor that I'm a poser. I wasn't worried about it at first, but now, it's reallygetting 2 me! What should I do! ThanX!
~ME AGAIN~

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 11-19-2003).]

Posts: 12 | From: Cathedral City , CA , USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anndee:
I wasn't worried about it at first, but now, it's reallygetting 2 me! What should I do!

First of all, be cool. We don't want anyone dropping names in anger around here, so don't be doing that again. There are only about 5500 teenagers in your area, and we don't want any of them seeing their names up here and gettin' all antsy about it. So let's cut that out, shall we?

As for what you can do...ignore them. The word "poser" itself is so completely meaningless that most people just laugh when they hear it anyway. I know right now it may seem like the end of the world, but for the love of cheese, can you even tell me what that word means? It's all subjective, and if you listen to those knuckleheads who are calling you names, you're the one I'd worry about! Let them play their little games, you just keep moving forward with your head held high.

Remember, nobody can get you down unless you let them. Once they see that you're unfazed by their name-calling, they'll get over it and move on. And so will you. Cheers!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sending this to relationships

btw, the best way to not be a poser to is to always keep it real. AFI: real. Good Charlotte: posers.

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe, sorry, i just have to say....

Gumdrop Girl, that AFI / Good Charlotte thing is brilliant.

also, i don't really understand how it can be "rumored" that somebody is a poser... and honestly, i don't think that this boy would decide that you are one just because somebody told him that you were... my advice to you is to just get over him and move on, cuz it sounds like he really isn't worth the angst.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you liked the analogy, Pebble. I used to watch AFI play in this dingy little warehouse club in Berkeley back in college. Now they're big, and all their old fans are miffed because the poser kids are all into AFI now.

I'd like to think I know a thing or two about posers because I'm some sort of indie hipster snob. I'll definitely say this on the matter, rumors don't make posers. People can see a poser from a mile away. It's really clear if you're a poser or not. Ever heard that Offspring (punks like to call them posers, too!) song "Pretty Fly for a White Guy?" that pretty much captures the essence of a poser. It's hard to hide it when you're trying THAT hard and failing at it.

So, Anndee, does this mean you have no right to be mad? no, if someone's saying stupid stuff about you, you have a right to be upset. But it's not the end of the world. you can still prove that gal wrong (i'd defeat the poser tag by accumulating a much better CD collection than everybody else).

Then you can be a big girl and instead of relying on your friend to talk to your crush for you, you can start talking to him yourself and see what happens. I mean, it's *soooooo* 7th grade to make your friends ask him about you on your behalf. You don't have to just go up to him and say, "Hi, i like you, do you like me?" Instead you can just say hi every day and maybe work your way up to conversations at recess.

It also doesn't hurt to try to type words correctly. Good spelling is for folks who keep it real.

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really think anyone else can classify you as a poser except yourself.

My definition of a poser is being someone your not to impress other people. If you are real, and do things for you and not other people then how can you be a poser?

I think you should just ignore what other people say and just know in yourself who you are.

If this guy called you a poser and that's why he doesn't want to go out with you or whatever, my question is, is he really worth it anyway?

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.