Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What's your favorite gift?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favorite gift?
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So i was thinking about how tomorrow marks mine and my boyfriends one year annaversary, and i was thinking about the gift I'm giving him, and how much i know he's gonna love it . I'm giving him a leather journal with all my memories of us together with pictures and quotes and fun stories! So i was curious to know, what are some of your favorite gifts you've either given or recieved from your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner??

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think my favourite gift I've given was just recently to a very good friend/partner for his birthday. He plays the guitar, so it was a music themed gift (ie: picks, string winder, capo, etc.) My favourite part of it though was the pack of tabulature writing paper, because he loves to write songs, but can't read/write music notes. I had fun picking it out, and he really enjoyed it.

I have to say the best gift I received in terms of thoughtfulness was from my now-ex-boyfriend, who gave me a box full of paints and canvas board.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katie_xo
Neophyte
Member # 15558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katie_xo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very music oriented. I wrote my boyfriend a song before he left for University, recorded it and sang it to him. He has been bugging me for a long time to sing for him and I never have so this was really special to him. I loved the look on his face. Home made gifts are always the best and most memorable.
Posts: 15 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the watch i'm wearing was gift from my last ex-boyfriend. my old watch broke a few weeks before christmas and as a result i became really disoriented and had a lot of trouble functioning.

about two or three weeks before christmas, i got a parcel in the mail. he had ordered a new watch for me and it arrived a little early.

it's brown leather, with a brushed metal bevel and a face that changes from blue to silver every 2 seconds.

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goaliedudehockey
Neophyte
Member # 13907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goaliedudehockey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite gift from my girlfriend would be me spending time with her. I don't care about fancy gifts or anything, Just spending time with her.
Posts: 6 | From: Overland Park, Kansas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I drove 11 hours to suprise my boyfriend (now fiance) for our anniversary last year. I didn't tell him I was coming or that anything was going on. I just showed up on Friday night. Definately the best gift I've ever given...also the most insane thing I've ever done. Driving 11 hours on Friday and then turning around and driving it again first thing on Sunday morning so you can be back at class on Monday is exhausting - especially when it's snowing/raining the entire way back and you're in the South where they have NO IDEA how to properly deal with snow.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anniversaries/Gifts http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001702.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001838.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001149.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001850.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001831.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000085.html

Lots of other gifty-type threads.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My now ex-girlfriend *made* a heart-shaped box for me on Valentine's day (I still marvel at her skills, wow) and filled it with chocolates. I in turn gave her a really cheesy gift (don't laugh)I filled a jar with sugar hearts (the kinds with messages on them) and Hershey's kisses, and on each paper strip of the kisses I glued a tiny piece of paper with a lovey nickname that I called her on it or something I loved about her*hides* Haha, I was a really big romantic But she liked it, so that's alright.

- Duelist

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.