Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Tug Of War

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tug Of War
wts89
Neophyte
Member # 14264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wts89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

Iv been seeing this girl for about three weeks now. We are not "officially" going out and its nothing serious but i feel that as if i am in a tug of war and her feelings are on each side. She says she likes me to me, but to other people shes says shes not sure. She tells other people that shes not sure and thats shes confused about this other guys she liked for a very long time. What do you think i should do. I told her that ir would be okay to just be frinds and thats what i ehard she wanted but like an hour after she was like please dont forget about everything, give me some time and let me think. I am very confused and i really like her and i jsut want her to be happy, but does that mean me being miserable at the same time... what should i do, ehat should i say, HELP!

Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People who say one thing to you and another thing behind your back are not worthy of your time, and are less worthy of your affection.

I don't think I can put it more simply than that, my friend. When we allow ourselves to fall for people who are no good, we often have a hard time breaking away...it becomes a downward spiral and that "tug of war" you speak of becomes a battle you cannot win. The best idea for you now would be to break that cycle and just leave.

She wants more time? She can have all the time in the world...by herself. It is not worth hanging on and hanging out until somebody makes up their mind. All too often that decision is in the negative, and you've been holding out hope and keeping your calendar free while hoping for a miracle. It's a setup for a letdown, and you deserve better than that.

Instead, why not explore other avenues? Hang out with friends, leave this girl behind, and enjoy the good life! There is far more out there than someone who wants to keep you in her coat pocket for when things get rough. As tough as it may seem, by leaving this girl behind you can find better things ahead. And that's what it's all about. Good luck!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.