Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » there is this boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: there is this boy
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
over the summer i met this boy, we really clicked he became one of my really good friends. now that school is back in session we still hang out however i want us to be more. if he says no will that ruin the relationship we have now. i dont want too much time to pass by, he might find someone.
i need to know that there are people out there who this has worked for before i make my move

Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odd_hobbit
Activist
Member # 14516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odd_hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well I know how you feel. The same thought is what kept me from going out with a friend. We had openly discussed a relationshpi but I thought it might ruin our friendship. I kinda regret that.

Maybe you could casually start talking more about relationshpis in general with him. Ask him what he think sof them and stuff liek that. Maybe try to start a conversation on friends going out and whatever.

Or you could do the direct thing and just tell him how you feel. He may feel the same way. And I think that since you guys are good friends he will understand and things wont get weird if he doesnt feel the same way.

------------------
-Rhianne
Space Cadet Glow

Posts: 40 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake123
Neophyte
Member # 15349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend asked me out at the start of this year, but I didn't feel the same way. I just told her how I felt and she has remained my best friend. I think if you know that you both don't share the feelings you will eventually get over it and stay friends, but there is nothing worse than unrequited love, and nothing better than when he says he feels the same way
Posts: 7 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodbye_blue_sky96
Neophyte
Member # 6829

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Goodbye_blue_sky96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've had several situations like this. I'm a guy who surrounds himself with just girls, as a circle of friends, just out of preference. Several of my best 'girlfriends' have had sorta little crushes on me, and when they finally came out and told me about it, I had no problem with it, even if I didn't feel the same way, and it didn't change our relationship at all. I mean its good to know that someone finds you attractive, or intellectually satisfying or what have you, no matter what the situation, in my opinion. But I'd say tell him, so at least then he knows, and can tell you how he feels as well. If you wait, then what else could possibly happen? It's a gamble, but then again, what isn't when you're dealing with this sort of thing?
Posts: 36 | From: ......up......there..... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to be last summer ( summer is in Dec/Jan here) was exactly that.. I net a guy, we became close friends and..well... it just happened =) We are going to celebrate our first anniversary together soon
Also, my ex-best friend told me he like me some time ago. I would still be his friend if he hadn't decided he would lust after MY boyfriend after I told him it was too late and I was in a relationship...

Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tresxbien
Neophyte
Member # 15377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tresxbien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I developed a crush on my now-boyfriend from being friends with him first. When I first started liking him, I tried my hardest not to make it obvious -- but I asked around my circle of friends who he liked and so on and so forth. Then, out of the blue, he asked if I liked him and I denied it.. badly. Turned out he liked me in that way too, and we're together -- for four months this coming monday. =D.

Haha, that turned into a little sappy story. But it doesn't have to hurt if you tell him. Worst scenario, he turns you down. But think of it in a good way, at least you said it and he'll understand how you feel. ;].

Posts: 13 | From: next door | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.