Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I too shy for him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I too shy for him?
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boy friend and I have been going out for two months and we haven't really did anything or even talked. When I get around him I don't know what to say. he is always so open and never runs out of things to say. I am always scared to say more than two words. So does anyone have any advice that might make it easier to talk to him. It takes me along time to get used to people.
Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe this works for the two of you. he does all the talking which shows he is intrested and you do all the listening which shows that you care. i feel that if he conplains then you have a problem it has lasted for two months maybe it will last longer
if you dont think so the try talking about subjects you feel really comfortable talking baout like current events or people you both know or sex its up to you.

Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you need to get to know him better..... i mean were you two really friends before you started dating?

also, do you feel simply at a loss for words, or do you actually feel uncomfortable talking to him? if you still feel uneasy around him after dating him for two months, there may be a problem.... and that is not to say that there is anything wrong with YOU, it is simply to say that maybe HE's not the right guy for you, or that you're not really ready to be in a mutually satisfying relationship. usually when you find someone who's a good match, then even if you're a quiet person, you never feel awkward in your silence, and don't feel as if you're constantly searching for things to say.

but if he's happy with the way things are, and more importantly, YOU're happy, then it isn't really anything to worry about. some people tend to be more quiet and some people tend to do more talking. however, since you seem very worried about it, it seems as if maybe you feel that you aren't actually contributing anything to the relationship, which makes it sound as if maybe he perfers being with somebody who lets him be the star of the show, so to speak, and who doesn't actually challenge him in any way. does that at all ring a bell?

so it could be a real problem and it also could not be. since you're worrying about it, though, i suspect that it is a problem, in which case you need to evaluate not your behavior in the relationship, but what the relationship contributes to your life other than just that - being in a relationship.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.