Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Should i let him go

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should i let him go
LightbrownSugar124
Activist
Member # 7983

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LightbrownSugar124     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
ok i am talking to this guy we feel for eachother so much, i Love him and he says he has strong feelings for me but we are not together in a relationship but when we are together there is no place in the world i would rather be. I loose track of time and just forget about everything that was stressing me that day. He makes me feel like i am the most important thing to him we have been talking but we could't go out becaue he is my bother friend and he will get mad and throw a fit again.(i went out with one of his other friends before and he disowned me)and the guy dosen't want to put him through that but i want to be with him publicy and yes i have told him and i have threaten to leave him but i couldn't follow through i love him to much to leave. We have been apart 2 and came back to eachother because we can't be without eachother i went back to him once and he came back t me once. The thing is that we mess around as in sexually and we be there for eacother when one of us is in pain or hurting we are like boyfriend and girlfriend but without the title. But the thing is that he loves to talk to other girls and it hurts me i say something about it and he say they are just friends or he says that why am i trippen i am not his girl but when i talk to another guy he flips and gets all upset with me and dosen't talk to me its like he wants to be able to do it but he dosen't want another guy talking to me that not fair. We have been talking for a year and 3months and 8 days but lately he has been talking to other girls and still be trying to talk to do things with me too. and its like if you want me u gone just get me and no one else he has been acting up and making me mad lately i guess he is taking me for granted and i think i should let him go but i love him but i think love is gone keep getting me hurt!
If a guy you loved talk to all these other girls and throw a fit if you do it and is not at all faithful but you love him would you stay or leave Please help i need a answer soon!!!
They say love hurts
This has to be love because its KILLING ME!!!
if you have any other responds email me at

-- edited: per the user agreement, you may not post your email address --

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-27-2003).]

Posts: 63 | From: SouthCarolina | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's likely the drama here that's the killer more than anything else.

In short, like it or not, no matter what reasons this guy is giving you, or how valid you think they are (they sound pretty bogus to me), the long and the short of it is that he has made clear he is not willing to be your committed partner or boyfriend.

He's just not. And it sounds more than a little like you're being played and are really unwilling to see that.

And you, from your accounts, are not okay with what you have going on, including the sex, without that.

So you need to drop the drama and make a choice. Either you can live with a friends-with-benefits situation, or you can't, and you need to move on romantically and sexually. There are no medals given for people who martyr themselves or set themselves up to suffer for nothing. Both of you CAN be without each other. In fact, sounds like he can be without you just fine and like you'd be a lot better off without him or your attachment to the crumbs he drops your way. If you can't care for and respect yourself, you can't really care for or respect anyone else.

Might want to ask yourself this: what is it you love about this person exactly? because it sounds like what you're in love with isn't him, due to the shabby treatment you get and the non-relationship youre in, but your fantasy of him or a relationship, sweetheart.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.