Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » :'( lonly and confused :'(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: :'( lonly and confused :'(
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay i guess this is gonna be kind of long but i wanna start out with saying i had been dating my ex rob for a year before we both decided to just "see each other" cuz neither of us had as much time for one another as we use to, i got school and work and basketball hes got work. The conditions of seeing each other were just like a relationship but it didnt have taht title. We werent alloud to be with other people, if we were it was cheating, thats how that went.

Anyways after about a month of seeing each other he all of a sudden out of no were decides its over for good, we need to cool it. My suspisions are its another girl, from his away messages and such, which makes me feel absolutly terrible knowing that he can just throw everything away he had with me over a girl he just met, to me that means he didnt love me, but i know he did, atleast i thought i did.

Weve broke up once before when it was very serious, it was a definetly break up, and nothing is going to change, but after a week he missed me and god knows i missed him. I dont think thats goign to happen this time, i just have this gut feeling, but im still very confused and depresssed. i recently went to the hospital over this, and they didnt admitt me but i think they should have, im just scared for myself, i cant stop thinking abotu him, what hes doing, who he is doing it with, i know its over and i need to get over it, but its so hard when i love him as muh as i do.

Im not really sure waht im asking for here, i just had to get this out, but ne advice on how to get threw this would be nice, or what u think could come out of it.. i dont know i just need help im soo scared for myself

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~

Why is it that in the
land of the free, home
of the brave, why is it
that i still feel like a
slave.?"

Life is too short..Live it well and with the people you care about.. Don't ever let your work become your life... Go out there and live a little before its too late** Dr. Greene ER

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tammy2004
Neophyte
Member # 15266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tammy2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sorry to hear that. it is hard to forget exes, and painful. i hope you can store him into your memories peacefully soon. i am also having trouble forgetting my ex,..i loved him too much. Sometimes i wonder "breaking up was stupid thing to do". but it is over now and i must go on. I'm sure there's many like us, so i'll root you on. be strong!!
Posts: 5 | From: Japan-->USA(not good english) | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heaven08
Neophyte
Member # 13788

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Heaven08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely understand where you are coming from, and i wish you wouldnt let it bother you so much. When i had this problem i stopped eating going to school, i stopped doing things i loved to do for him. And you know what i figured out. It just wasnt worth it. He took away 4 years of my life and i cant get my time back. At first nothing hurts more, everything reminds you of him and the pain seems to make you sick. BUt when you step out and take a good look at the picture you will begin to realize that if he doenst have the time for you or simply drops you in a sec, its not worth your precious time. You need to move foward. Take this as a lesson and learn as muc as you can from it. But dont ever look back..if it wass meant to be...come hell or high water it will happen. Have faith, but stay strong. I'd hate to see anyone go thrugh what i did. No one deserves that. You go find someone that will treat you right and have the time for you and that wont leave you in a split second. You deserve way better.
Posts: 26 | From: Miami, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lilfran14:
i dont know i just need help im soo scared for myself

First of all, I'm sorry this is happening to you. I've seen you around here for years, and it's always a shame to see an old friend fall upon hard times. I hope this gets better for you soon.

The fear you speak of is fear of the Great Unknown. And while it is both reasonable and understandable, it is also completely treatable. Whenever we are in something for a long period of time, we become accustomed to that and routine and can feel physically ill when it changes. For example, the Metropolitan Transit Agency out here just went on strike and threw a million people out of whack. I was shaken out of my routine and have had to scramble to get to and from work for the past three weeks. While it seemed easy enough and I was successful every time I tried, that didn't change the fact that I still had a little teeny knot in my stomach when I first went through it. You see, it was the Great Unknown. I didn't know how I'd get to work, how I'd get home, or if I'd be stuck Downtown all darned night. It took a while to get used to it, but now I'm an old pro at swiping a ride on whatever bus I see. That fear was treatable.

The fear you have now is just a much bigger offshoot of that. You were in something for a long time, it fell apart, now you are forced to start all over again. It stinks, but it happens...and there are plenty of us around here who would be happy to share our experiences (or have done so already--check the search function). And since the vast majority of us here have gone through it and lived to tell the tale, you will too.

The key is to keep your head up. It's going to get you down sometimes, that's perfectly okay. Some people cry, some people get really quiet, some people seek solace in others...whatever you do to pick yourself up that is not self-destructive is a good thing. (The "not self-destructive" part is key...don't be drinkin' yourself into a stupor!)

Hang in there, tiger. You can get through this, and in fact you'll be stronger once you have. Don't let the fear envelop you, find things to keep you active and not thinking about the past, and you'll do just fine. Take care!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.