Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » should i play hard to get

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i play hard to get
little miss kitty
Neophyte
Member # 8689

Icon 11 posted      Profile for little miss kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
basically i like this boy, hes called jamie and i dont see him a lot at school but he knew i liked him and gave me his number and we met up a few times and i went 2 his house and we kissed, however one of his friends really fancies me and he told me this and i foolishly told jamie and since then hes really backed off so i dont know if its because of his mate or because hes not interested.

recently we went on a trip and he was hanging out with all his mates and i was with mine and he kept looking over at me apparantly but i was not really paying him any attention.

he has no money on his phone he had used it all up on txting me and i recently called him up and arranged a day to meet him and i said i would ring him to sort it out,

all my mates say i should be playing it hard to get but i just cant b bothered and i like him and i just want to go out with him properly.

i dont know really why i am writtin this post i think i just need to let it out basically am i being too forward and should i let him do the running about. i think i am just thinking about this too much any thing anyone could say to this rather odd post, lolll sorry. thank you.x

Posts: 10 | From: london england | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by little miss kitty:
all my mates say i should be playing it hard to get but i just cant b bothered and i like him and i just want to go out with him properly.

It really does sound like you've answered your own delima here. It's ok to need to sound it out sometimes though, we all need that occasionally. And it sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on the situation.

In all honesty, playing games with potential partners really isn't such a hot idea. "Playing hard to get" is really over rated. Why? Cause you don't know what's going to happen. It's really just best to be up front with him if you're interested rather than playing games.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.