Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I'm Jealous of my boyfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Jealous of my boyfriend
sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous of my boyfriend, not in the way where i get mad when girls talk to him. Hes the perfect well rounded person, he got the lead in the play, plays football and baseball, is awesome at guitar, gets straight A's in all AP classes is in academic decathlon with many first place medals, and is a bodybuilder, looks really good and also the greatest boyfriend ever. He's by no means the "popular" guy at our school so thats not it. I'm Jealous of him. I feel really bad for feeling like this but I just am. Sure i get good grades and all but thats just because I have all the time in the world to do stuff. I dont understand how he still does all this and still hangs out with me all the time. I wish I was him and it makes me sick, its not that i feel like hes so much better than me I just feel likes hes done more with his life than I have and it makes me feel like a failure.
Its starting to put a strain on our relationship because I told him how I felt about how I dont do anything and he trys to help me find something that I'm good at. He tried to teach me guitar today and that got nowhere because I'm no good. Last week we tried to find something I was good at something I could do in my free time other than sit around on the internet. Is it possible to just not be good at anything. He tells me you gotta work hard to get good at something but theres nothing I'm that passionate about. I dont know what to do. On top of all that he has great parents with extended family, I only have my mom and my dad, we havent had a more than "hi" converstation in years. I wish I could take pride and be happy that I'm lucky enough to have such an intelligent respecting boyfriend. But hanging out with him makes me feel bad about myself even when I know that I love being with him.

Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know were you are comeing from. I get jelouse of my boyfriend sometimes too.... just because he is so amazing and I wish I was that way. It seems like you've talked to your boyfriend about feeling this way and that is excellent. Commuination is the key to every good realtionship. I think what you should do is, instead of focusing on all the great things he does look at what YOU do. Think about what all your friends like about you, about what your boyfriend loves about you, about what YOU love about YOU. Finding what you like about you will help you realize that there are probaly a few reason's your boyfriend and other people is envious of you too. Good luck, sorry if this didn't help at all.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.