Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » PDA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PDA
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am intersted in everyone's opion on Public Displays of Affection. I know some people who see two couples going at it in the hallway and say "aw cute" and others who look for the nearest place to barf. I myself have always been fond of PDA's done in the proper place, time, and manner. To me it is cute to see couples holding hands down the hallways in school, not cute to see the making out. Likewise when I see a couple go crazy at concerte and start making out because 'their song is being played" I have no issue with it... but when you walk into blockbuster and see some couple necking infront of Cult Classic section it's just tacky. So I am cerious to know. Anyone share my opioin? Anyone disagree? Anyone do lots of PDA's themselves? Anyone never even held hands in public? Thanks.
~L.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First and foremost, you might want to try running a search on this topic. By doing that you'll turn up tons of info on PDA's, including the opinions you are seeking now.

To answer your question though, it's just going to be one of those things that is different for everybody. I'm not big on PDA's and never have been, but that tends to be because I like to keep my private life...well, private. My sweetie and I will certainly hold hands in public, and I may sneak a quick peck when nobody is looking...but I'm also well aware that nobody wants to see us makiing out, and I am respectful enough to keep that sort of thing to myself.

And to me, respect is what it is all about. If you're at somebody's house and you know they're cool with you going at it right in front of them, fine, that's your deal. But in public, it is always safest to assume you are surrounded by people more conservative than you are. That way, you're less likely to run afoul of them by doing something in their presence that they'd find galling.

At least that's how I play it. How you do it is entirely up to you...but when you're at my house, keep your pants on, would ya please?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never even held hands with someone in public but I am the type of person that is really shy. I haven't even gave anyone a hug unless they were my family or parents. At my school if you get caught doing more than holding hands even if you get caught hugging you will get suspended. I guess it used to happen alot though.
Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our school has some pretty harsh PDA rules too. My boyfriend got yelled at once because he litteraly gave me a two second peck on the cheek. School is no place to make out, but I think banding hugs is a little harsh. I guess it's hard for teachers and such to find a balance? And thankyou both for repsonding.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradijs
Neophyte
Member # 13854

Icon 10 posted      Profile for paradijs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my school last year, we weren't allowed to hug (private schools...) However, this year, a couple were having sex all around campus (just anywhere)and finally they got suspended for a few days when they were caught having sex on the stairwell (in front of all of the students and everything!

But I think PDA is pretty nasty.

[This message has been edited by paradijs (edited 10-22-2003).]

Posts: 32 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PDAsI don't enjoy watching two people trying to each other's faces in public. Holding hands is fine, a quick peck is fine, but seriously, there are some things you just leave for behind closed doors. But then again I might just be bitter since my relationship with my (now ex) girlfriend was top secret and sometimes there would be weeks till we got any alone, behind the doors time. There were times when during an outing with friends she'd catch my eye and kiss me from across the room. Awwww. =)
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.