Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » an Ex you just cant seem to give up on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an Ex you just cant seem to give up on
NmacF11
Neophyte
Member # 15112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NmacF11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here is the thing.....my ex and i have been broken up for like 6 months...we were together for like 14 or so months. Basically the reason we ended it was for school, we were going to be at two different colleges..and not wanting to get in the way of the College expierence. Its been really hard....we are still best friends, she was gone all this summer to take class in Chicago,we still had the time to call on the phone all the time. She came home for a night before she left for her real school....i helped her pack...it was as if we were together again, we both felt it again...things happened that night..once we finished we talked about getting back together, but decided we should see what it is like without eachother first. We still talk a bunch...just never about our feelings.....she sends miss signals all the time..In her IM profile she has Lyrics from our song...the part that made it our song....She was home this weekend....she stayed at my house....we slept in my bed together and things once again happened...but ther was no talk of getting back together.
What the hell do i do.......its not like i can just walk away and cut her out of my life, she is my best friend......but maybe i should so i can move on......sorry this was so long, if anyone has any advise or has gone through this yourself please tell me what you think

------------------
Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows so
I'm bare-boned and crazy for you

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl8706
Activist
Member # 13227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl8706     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it sounds like you need to talk to her. You two need to tell each other how you feel about each other, and then talk about rather you two are going to get back together.Communication is the key.I have been best-friends with an ex of mine, and being best-friends with them makes it harder to get over them.
You just have to be with friends, and stay busy.Try to keep your mind off her.Its hard to I know.I hope everything works out!
Brandi

------------------

"Don't question my hippness!-Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts

Posts: 56 | From: Back In The sticks of Missouri | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She just doesn't want to worry about missing you or not knowing what to do if she met another guy while she is away. I think you should really talk to you and make her give you a true answer about getting back together or you should try to meet new people. I know exactly how you feel I have been through the exact same thing. I ended up meeting a new guy and I am happier than I have ever been. I am not saying this will work for you because everybody is different maybe you should try to talk to her first. If you have anymore questions [post them here, don't send me an email. You see, this is now the second time I have posted my email address in blatant violation of the Guidelines I just agreed to this morning. Don't do what I did.]

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 10-19-2003).]

Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.