Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » does he like me, or is he just being nice?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does he like me, or is he just being nice?!?!
hehegrl4rmghchs
Neophyte
Member # 15050

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hehegrl4rmghchs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, there is this guy i know. his name is nick(fake), and i asked him out a couple of months ago, but kind of in a joking kind of way. he never answered me, but when my friends asked him, he said that he couldn't, for complicated reasons. now, we're at the same high school and we see eachother a lot. we say hi, and keep walking, but one conversation i had with him was how freshmen suck(which i am) and that he didn't want to be seen with one. so i stopped saying hi to him, and he asked why, and i told him about what he said earlier, and he said that i was an exception because i was cool, and then he said we should hang out at school more. well, that hasn't really happened yet. now, homecoming is almost here, and i was thinking of going, but i don't have anyone to go with, because i have no real friends(another story for another time). so, i asked him if he was going, and he said yes, and he asked if i was, and i said no, because i have no one to go with, so then he said, do you want me to set you up with one of my friends, so i told my friend, and she said go for it, and so i said yes. that was last night. my friend says that he's starting to like me because he's going out of his way to do this for me. so what do you think. does he like me, or is he just being nice?!?!
Posts: 2 | From: Northridge, Ca Usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be either one, sweetie. Unfortunately, we really don't have a way to hop into his head and figure it all out...but on it's face it seems like a very nice gesture, at least.

I would advise against getting your hopes up, just based upon the information you've provided about his apparent distaste for freshmen, etc. I'm assuming he's got someone else in mind who lacks a date, and with whom he'd like to set you up. Seems straightforward, but right now all we can do is take his words at face value.

If I were you though, I'd quit drooling over this guy and find someone else who is not ashamed to be seen around freshmen. That sort of attitude just seems unappealing to me, and it tends to be a harbinger of things to come. Would he not hang out with you because he didn't like the clothes you were wearing? The way you did your hair? The pimple on your chin? I don't really think it's worth it, and I'd be looking elsewhere. Just a thought.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could either mean that he is just nice or that he likes you what do you really and truely think? Maybe you should try talking to him ask him how he feels about you. I know it sounds kinda hard once you think about it but once you talk to him you will be glad that you did b/c you will know his true feelings and you wont have to wonder about it forever. Well hope I helped bye.
Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~Jasons*Baby~
Neophyte
Member # 15168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~Jasons*Baby~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well honey this boy seems very nice but i honestly think (having gone through something familiar) that he is just being nice so i think you should just give the boy a lets just be friends and find some one else

Posts: 30 | From: Trenton,GA U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.