Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What's really going on ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's really going on ?
mizzkool
Neophyte
Member # 7386

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mizzkool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dealing with a guy who is older than me (he's 28 and I'm 20) we had a relationship where I was his girlfriend then suddenly we became just friends because he said he couldn't trust me and I was sneaky(checking his caller ID or answering his phone to see who's calling).But now that we're "so-called" friends he tells me that he doesn't like the way are relationship is and he wants us to work it out.I have no problem with that;I want to work it out too,but I feel that he doesn't treat me like a friend because I spend days/nights at his house and I drive his car. He wouldn't let just any female drive his car, that's like his baby.Why is he labeling me as his friend?I personally feel that his frontin' about "us". I also feel that he's not ready for a committed relationship and the only reason why he tells me he wants to "work things out" is because I think he's scared that I might go somewhere else and he wants to keep me close to him as much as possible.Sometimes I think he gets jealous when guys approach me,but he pretends that it doesn't bother him and then has the nerve to ask me questions later on. What's really going on because I need to know so I can make a decision....
Posts: 12 | From: Huntsville,AL USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, if I put things as bluntly as I'm thinking them, BruinDan would edit my post, so suffice it to say that I don't think this guy's a good bet for a relationship? Why put up with someone who's being manipulative and susupicious and just generally sort of creepy? Why not find a boyfriend who you know likes you, and trusts you, and doesn't make up strange stories and excuses rather than putting up with this crap? I don't know exactly what this guy's problem is, but there's no reason it should be yours too, so move on and let him deal with his neuroses by himself.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

The Earth says Hel-lo!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tinman
Neophyte
Member # 15011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, after reading through your post, mizzkool, I really haven't found anything really weird. Maybe I've read it wrong judging from Milke, but it sounds like you both have sort of trust issues. Just sit down and tell him that that he doesn't need to get jealous of every guy you talk to.

I understand about him just calling you his friend. My last girlfriend constantly just referred to me as her friend. I wish I would have spoken up. Sorry I can't be of much help there.

Wait, did you constantly check his caller I.D. and keep answering his phone or not. I'm now just seeing the impression that it was just in his head. Clarification would help.

Also at the risk of sounding like a dork, what does frontin' mean?:P

------------------
Stick and stones
May break my bones
But words can hurt like H*ll

[This message has been edited by tinman (edited 10-09-2003).]

Posts: 7 | From: gahanna | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tinman:
Also at the risk of sounding like a dork, what does frontin' mean?:P

To put up a "false front," or facade. To act one way in front of somebody and another way in front of others.

Very early 1990's term, popularized in MC Breed (and the DFC)'s masterpiece, "Yo, There Ain't No Future in Yo' Frontin'."

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.