Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » One night stand lost me all my friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One night stand lost me all my friends
just me myself and i
Neophyte
Member # 14987

Icon 9 posted      Profile for just me myself and i     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On friday night my friend and i went to a club. Well i kissed a few guys in there and then when the club kicked out we went for a walk with two of the guys we'd met. I slept with on of the men and now almost all of my friends say they won't talk to me because i'm a whore. The sex was consensual and i don't feel dirty or used. It was clear to both of us this was just a one night thing and neither of us minded that. If it doesn't bother me and i have no regrets about it why have all my friends deserted me? I feel so lonely without them but all they do is give me dirty looks and bitch about me. It's making me feel depressed, but i still don't regret what i did. What can i do? And i really that bad a person?
Posts: 7 | From: Norfolk, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really sounds like these people are not very good friends at all, and I'm sorry to hear that they're being so judgemental.

Personally, I don't believe that consensual, safe sex makes anyone a "bad person" (although having sex with someone you've just met may be risky or unwise for practical reasons). But what matters is what you believe.

You can try talking to your ex-friends and let them know that you don't think it's fair of them to judge you like this.

But if they're determined to ostracize you, there's not really anything you can do about it, and your best option may be to look for some new friends who will treat you in a more respectful and friend-like manner.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santianna
Neophyte
Member # 14818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell them to go to hell and find someone more accepting of who you are.

I'm sure there are other girls out there who will understand, even if they might not approve.

Chances are, if you actually talked to them individually, you'll find out that most of them really don't mind. It's your body anyway, not theirs. Someone's just jealous or freaked or simply just spiteful within the clique and turning everyone against you.

Posts: 37 | From: Singapore | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrayDancer
Neophyte
Member # 14256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrayDancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely time to find a new set of friends. This kind of behavior is something that they should have gotten over on the playground. Adult consensual sex is exactly that: a grown-up choice, and if they can't deal with the fact that you're old enough to decide for yourself what you want and then responsibly act on it, then they need to do some maturing.

I agree, individually they probably don't mind, but the herd mentality is a strong thing; you may not want to waste time trying to turn the mass instinct back. But honestly? They're probably jealous.

It also bugs me when people throw words around like "whore". First, because unless you were paid, it's inaccurate, and second, personally I think of the role of "whore" as a profession that should be valued and respected. We tip waitstaff to pretend to be nice; we pay psychologists to act like they care; we pay massage therapists to lay their hands on our bodies and make us feel good. And a "whore" should be different?

Sorry, that's getting off the subject. Didn't mean to. From what you said, you did nothing wrong; your friends are being immature, intolerant, and disrespectful of your rights as an adult.

Posts: 21 | From: Madison WI USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aroseisarose
Neophyte
Member # 14963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aroseisarose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed!

Really, it's none of anyone else's business how you lead your sex life, as long as you do it consensually and safely. That includes your friends. Your friends can have opinions on what you did, but if they were true friends they would either keep it to themselves, or sit you down and have a talk with you if they were genuinely concerned for your well-being.

See how you feel about continuing your relationships with these friends. If you believe you can work it out and are prepared to deal with the initial negative behaviour (as they have already demonstrated they are capable of), then go forth. If you don't think these friendships are worth salvaging, or you don't feel you need to explain your actions, then move on.

Best of luck!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.