Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » guy queation???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: guy queation???
Love_is_crazy
Neophyte
Member # 12169

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Love_is_crazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in now a day. The girl usually go for a guy that either have money, car or look. Now i just wodering how wold a guy see a girl(that you will date for).is it the body,look etc...
i would love to hear any advice..

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure what you're asking. But here are a couple things I am sure of:

1. First off, not all the guys go for the girls and vice-versa. Some of us -- quite a good many, really -- either or also date those of our own gender.

2. Most developed, three-dimensional people of any gender tend to gravitate towards people they like, who they have commonality with, who they feel some bond to, over and above all else. Not towards cars, bucks and buttocks.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loita
Neophyte
Member # 11680

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Loita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually find it offensive when people generalise about women going for men that are rich and drive fast cars. It seems to me that its like the woman herself cannot achieve those things, and i actually find it sexist.

Personally as a girl, i am attracted to physical looks first, but if they dont have them i wont be completely turned of talking to them. Personality and a fun and energetic adventurous attitude is a must. In the end of the day, you wont want to look at something, you would rather talk to them.
thats my 2 cents anyway hehe *wicked smile*

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyme
Activist
Member # 14506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really do not feel that now-a-days that is what girls go for. I know I certainly don't care what my boyfriend looks like, that he drives a beat up jeep or that he's a jobless teenages. I love him because he's nice, he makes me smile, he cares about what I think/ feel and he's smart. I certainly do not think he is dating me for my body or looks either. I imagen there are some girls that do date guys because of their cars, looks or money and some guys who date girls because of their looks, figure and social placement.... but certainly not everyone. I havn't taken a survey but I believe they're more people who date someone for non-superfical reasons. How long would a realtionship based on a car last anyway? Not long at all.
-L

Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qitelremel
Neophyte
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qitelremel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Loita:
I actually find it offensive when people generalise about women going for men that are rich and drive fast cars. It seems to me that its like the woman herself cannot achieve those things, and i actually find it sexist.
I agree; it is a sexist generalization. I myself feel downright uncomfortable when a guy thinks that he has to spend a lot of money on me.

But I know a guy whose usual initial pick-up line is to brag about his income...and the sick thing is that it tends to work. Some people are just shallow—and I mean both him and the (usually very young) women he picks up with that tactic.

quote:
Personally as a girl, i am attracted to physical looks first, but if they dont have them i wont be completely turned of talking to them. Personality and a fun and energetic adventurous attitude is a must. In the end of the day, you wont want to look at something, you would rather talk to them.
Oh, certainly!

-Qit

[This message has been edited by qitelremel (edited 10-14-2003).]

Posts: 19 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.