Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Should I tell him I love him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I tell him I love him?
CountryGirl3
Neophyte
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryGirl3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 6 months ago, my boyfriend found out that I had cheated on him and he ended our relationship, for obvious reasons. Even though I hurt him badly, we still talk all the time, and we see each other occasionally. In fact, we havent gone more then a week without talking to each other. At the time I did the cheating, our relationship was having problems and I was confused as to how I felt about him. But after the cheating happened (and i KNOW it was SO wrong of me!!), I realized that I really was in love with my boyfriend. Unfortunately, I never told him because I wasnt sure he felt the same way. Even though we have been broken up for 6 months, my feelings for him are still very much there. I havent told him how I feel, partly because I am still not sure if he feels the same (although I do know he still cares about me), and partly because I am not sure if he would believe me because I did cheat. I usually am a believer in just telling someone how you feel no matter what, but in this case I'm not sure. I dont want to do anything that might jeopordize the friendship we've managed to salvage. Any advice?

------------------
*It only takes ONE moment to change a lifetime....*

Posts: 38 | From: Uniontown, OH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if you want to have a romantic relationship with him, then in my opinion you should tell him. And I think that you should tell him what you've told us.

You should tell him that when you cheated on him your were confused about your feelings about him and you realized after that you made a mistake and were (and still are) in love with him.

If he feels the same way, then great, all the power to ya! But if not, and you still want to have a friendship then I think you should make sure you tell him that.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would tell him that you still have feelings for him. Let him know you are interested in having a romantic relationship with him again, but don't push too hard if he really doesn't want to. If I were you, and this is just my opinion, I would make sure he knows that you understand that nothing you do can undo the cheating. Just let him know how you feel, and if you want to tell him you love him right away, then do it, but if you'd like to kind of "test the waters" so to speak, that would be ok too.

magpie

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.