Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » right or wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: right or wrong?
krayzieqt55
Neophyte
Member # 12554

Icon 8 posted      Profile for krayzieqt55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.. heres the situation.. my boyfriend called me from work today (hes an auto mechanic) and told me i could bring my car in because there was a couple things that needed to be fixed and he said he would do it for me. We made plans that after work he was supposed to come over my house to drop off my car and then watch some movies. About half an hour ago my cell phone rang and I heard my boyfriend and his friend talking so i guess the cell accidentally dialed in his pocket or watever. Anyways, i called him back and asked him wat he was up to, he said that he was going to (his friend) Juans house to give him a haircut but they first had to drop off his friend Fernando because Fernando had needed a ride home from work. I automatically got mad at him and told him that next time he has my car it would be nice if he asked me if he could waste my gas and use it as a taxi cab for his friends. I thought it was rude of him to take my car and use it to service his friends when we had plans in the first place, (even though he said he'd come over right after he cut Juan's hair). But then he got mad at ME and said I'm acting like a little kid. Do I have a right to be mad or should I have been "more understanding" ?

------------------
~*~XoX~*~

Posts: 26 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, while it sucks that he forgot (?) to come over to your house after work, if he's fixing your car for free (wow, I wish I had an auto mechanic friend to do this for me, that is, if I had a car ), I don't think it's unfair of him to drop off a friend on the way to bringing you the car back to you. In the future, if you don't want him using your car to drop off a friend, I'd suggest you stop using his (I'm assuming) free car care services. However, it seems like maybe there are some underlying issues here, like that you feel he's been spending more time with his friends than he has with you...?

------------------
"Tear up the cloak of indifference that you have wrapped around your hearts! Make up your minds before it is too late!" ~Sophie Scholl

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krayzieqt55
Neophyte
Member # 12554

Icon 7 posted      Profile for krayzieqt55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya.. it did have a lot to do with the fact that i was jealous he had been spending most of his time with friends.. but we actually had a long talk about everything tonight and decided on just being friends... both of us have been really busy and stressed lately so thats why the reltaionship was going so bad.. thanx for the advice though.. i was just surprised that you actually knew EXACTLY what was really bothering me... thnx : )

------------------
~*~XoX~*~

Posts: 26 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Latina Chik
Activist
Member # 14041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Latina Chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you still need advice?? Well, I'll just go ahead and tell you what i think.

If I were in your shoes, I would ALSO be a bit upset that he rather chose to be with his friend than with you.That's the way I look at this situation, that he should have at least told you that he was going with his friends, or that he was using your car to drive his friends around. Whatever the case may be, he should have at least called you. Yeah, he may have forgotten about his plans with you, and how can you blame someone for forgetting?? Yeah, you are his g/f but you can't actually blame someone for forgetting. Yeah, you COULD be mad at him.

Well, I say that it was okay for you to be upset. But tell him how you felt about the whole thing. AND that if he is spending MORE time with his friends, he should spend time with you as well. (Sorry, if I didn't give you advice that helped you.)

well, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

------------------
"sad hours seem long....."

- Romeo
( but they are not! It only seems as though it is eternity! Be STRONG!)

[This message has been edited by Latina Chik (edited 07-18-2003).]

Posts: 59 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.