Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how do you end it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do you end it?
krayzieqt55
Neophyte
Member # 12554

Icon 9 posted      Profile for krayzieqt55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you do when you know that your relationship with your boyfriend isnt as good as it used to be and its just dragging itself out and in a way you want to end it, but you cant break up with them because you still really love the person and care for them and deep down you just wish the relationship would go back to the perfect way it used to be?

------------------
~*~XoX~*~

Posts: 26 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, first you gotta talk about the problems, so that he knows something is wrong.

in my case, he and i knew for a long time that things were getting horribly stale. but we cared very much about each other. so we agreed that we would break up when i moved away. that was about 3 weeks ago.

in your case, you can talk about your troubles, then maybe set a day of reckoning. if by then things haven't changed for the better, call it off.

------------------
mundi faece repletum

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 11 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man Gummy, has it really been three weeks already? i always read your posts (like the one after the move). i read that the day after you wrote it and it doesnt seem that long ago. i guess the last few weeks have went fast for me or something.

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pure_suga
Neophyte
Member # 10428

Icon 7 posted      Profile for pure_suga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know what...this advice is going to sound overused...but get together with your boy and TALK. Remember that relationships are all about communication. Does he even know how you're feeling? That the relationship isn't what it used to be? because no matter what you do, if you choose to breakup or not...be fair to this guy you say you love. Talk and I'm sure that somehow the words and course of action to take will make itself clear.
Posts: 18 | From: winnipeg | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.