Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » His Friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: His Friends
ash
Activist
Member # 783

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

I been going out with Simon for two years and we are to move in together maybe this end of the year.
Lately, his friends been bugging me. One of his "bestfriend" lives with him. Everytime, i went to see him that friend of his is there. I only see my b/f once or twice a week and i dont like it when his friend is around. I want to be alone together so we can do whatever without someone being there listening to us. It makes me very uncomfortable but he doesn't think so. He thinks that I dont want him having friends. Another problem we faced was, whenever i needed to see him urgently, he said he's with a friend and it would be rude to leave. We seemed to not understand each other points. On monday, went to see him and we went out for couple of hours and then when we returned home, guess what his friend is there. I was really angry and drove off. i Shouldn't have done that but I donno what else to do. Please help so i can talk to him and resolve this quickly. Thank you

Posts: 102 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to feel that way to one of my boyfriends roomates, especially when they lived in the dorms and there was no where we could go to be alone. But then I thought, is it really fair to ask someone to leave their home just so we can have alone time? After all, the friend/roomate lives there too.

If you think the amount of time he spends with his friends is truly inappropriate, you need to talk to him and tell him what you expect. You seem to disagree on the roles you have in each others lives, and the best way to work that out is to tell each other your honest expectations.

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.