Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Uhh what just happend?? He doesn't want to talk anymore...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uhh what just happend?? He doesn't want to talk anymore...
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago I was at lunch, and this guy I was friends with and talked to on the phone every night, and we talked online a lot. He text messaged me, and said "We can't talk anymore, I don't want a girlfriend." First off I wasn't trying to be his girlfriend. I just thought it was really weird.

The night before he sent me this text, we were talking on the phone, and he was telling me how his ex came to his work and wanted to have dinner in the food court at the mall with him, and how she was a TOTAL [beast] to him and stuff. Then in the morning I get a IM from him when I was away saying, "you better be in school and not skipping!" since I'm kind of notorious for sleeping in late, and missing my first classes. And then around noon I got that weird text from him. I just replied back saying I wasn't trying to be his girlfriend and what the heck was going on. He just said it was the way it was going to be, we couldn't talk anymore. So I sent him a message back and said, "Fine, we won't talk anymore, if you ever get out of whatever funk you fell into, I'll be around to talk to most likely, nice knowing you. Bye..."

What went wrong? And did I say the right thing? I haven't called/texted/imed/e-mailed him since that day. But it was just bugging me.

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 05-20-2003).]

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure there was a "right thing" to say, but I think you handled it about as well as you could have, given the situation.

The bottom line here seems to be that the guy is a bit confused. If you've never let on that you wanted him as a boyfriend, perhaps he got the idea from someone else or perhaps he just felt himself growing more attached to you than he felt was appropriate. Either way, it's probably not a good idea to second-guess him. If he wants to take a step back, that's his choice. In the meantime I'd suggest you go out and enjoy yourself without his company or email or phone calls or text messages. That shouldnt be too hard, right?

(And just so you know, I've had to edit a few of your posts for language. I swear like a sailor too, but around here we like to keep things as classy as possible. And since you worked so hard to try and avoid the NetNanny automatic censoring deal, I'm sure you could just apply that energy to finding a different word to use when you feel frustrated. Sound good?)

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! Sorry about the potty-word, I just put what he had said his ex had been. Guess I should have thought of a more rated-G thing to say.

But yes, I pretty much haven't even thought about the guy, or anything. I just was clearing my text messages and found that one, and thought I'd get a few other people's opinions on it. Then again boys are silly sometimes!

A friend of mine after my ex and I broke up bought me a sticker for my SUV and it's a little stick guy with a big head with rocks coming towards his head and he's running, and it says "Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them!" Not that I would ever do such a thing, it was just kind of comical at the time.

Again, thank you for your in-put BruinDan!

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.