Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Ways to deal with this.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ways to deal with this.
blinkbabe
Neophyte
Member # 12867

Icon 9 posted      Profile for blinkbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I wasnt sure what topic to put this in.
But anyways... My problem is that I get mad really easy. Just over little stupid things. I have problems at home and at school with my friends. My boyfriend had broken up with me b/c I get mad easy. But I told him have had problems at home and I try not to bring my problems at home to school but when I'm at school and someones says the wrong thing or does the wrong thing I blow up. Its so stupid, I just need some ways to control it. Any Advice?

[This message has been edited by blinkbabe (edited 05-11-2003).]

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intense Awakenings
Neophyte
Member # 12862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Intense Awakenings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the exact problem, hun. What I do, is just either eat way too much, which I don't recommend, or go outside and scream as loud as I can just to relieve some tension. That should help. If not, then just grab a straw or a toothpick, or something not hazourdous that you can chew, and chew it hard.

------------------

Love,
Amanda
-----------
"Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

Posts: 33 | From: Lancaster, Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...on the other hand, instead of trying to replace that with other behaviours (especially those like screaming in your neighborhood), you can start looking for the roots of your anger and that frustration.

Which would be my suggestion, as it's what's going to serve you best long term.

So, I'd suggest that the best scenario is for you to find a therapist or counselor to work with. If that isn't possible (though in most cases it is), then you can do some of that work yourself, like by looking AT the problems which are troubling you and working to solve them productively, rather than by taking out your frustration on other people, or by staying angry instead of working towards solutions.

It truly is a lot easier than it seems, it just means being willing to be a bit more open, more vulnerable and more honest with oneself.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have the same trouble, but I found out it was down to the pill I was on, could it have anything to do with that? Possibly not but worth considering?

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.