Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » some advice would be great

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: some advice would be great
fierylady
Activist
Member # 9158

Icon 3 posted      Profile for fierylady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys...im kind of in a funk right now. im beginning to believe there is something seriously wrong with who i am or how im handling my personal relationships.i've met plenty of guys lately and it seem that when they "feel" they are "in love with me" im not in the least bit interested.when i meet a guy i like and am interested in persuing a relationship with they are never interested.i find myself in a situation where i feel like i have to settle for someone i just dont want and i dont want to feel this way.i dont understand whats wrong with me and i dont understand why the longest relationship i've had in 2 years has lasted a month long and i settled because i felt alone.i would really appreciate it if anyone out there could direct me in a new approach or a new additude to suggest. thank you. fierylady.
Posts: 41 | From: Brooklyn,Ny,U.S. | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing saying you HAVE to be in a relationship, one day you'll meet someone and it'll click, but until then don't try to force anything.
Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you don't have to "settle" for anyone you're not interested in because no one is required to be in a sexual or romantic relationship at any time, or even at all. It isn't like food or water -- we can live without them just as happilly as with them, and generally better without if those relationships aren't enriching or compelling for us.

How about you wait to get seriously involved until you DO meet someone who you're just as interested in as they are in you?

(Might also be worth, while you're doing that, thinking about if just maybe you're more interested in what;s unattainable to you than what is. Not that uncommon.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.