Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » are we wrong for each other?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: are we wrong for each other?
popsicle*
Neophyte
Member # 8933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for popsicle*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we've been together for 2 years plus, and we do love each other. but our personalities are so different, it's got me worried if we are meant to be together.
i am an arts student, while he studies the sciences. and he's got this lovely happy family with two spoilt brats for siblings and i've got this totally screwed up family that are so totally not close. i tend to think alot, while he doesn't really think about "deeper" stuff.
so sometimes it seems like we are so different, and i feel like he can't relate to certain things i am going through or i have gone through. i feel jealous of his perfect family, and how they always care about each other and stick together.
i told him to check out scarleteen to read the post i made earlier here coz it's some stuff about sex abuse and it is important to our relationship since i was a victim before, but he just gave me a half hearted reply to do it and he hasn't done it yet. i feel he doesn't care. he'd say he just doesn't have time, but he sure has time to watch TV! i mean, i feel he doesn't respect me and my feelings.
are we wrong for each other?

Posts: 20 | From: Singapore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you feel he doesn't respect you and your feelings, maybe he isn't right for you. But, for the other reasons you listed, I don't think those matter as much. I've had relationships with people who are into sports, church, and having the latest fasion, while I'm into band, choose not to have a religion, and buy my clothes from thrift stores.

People who have different interestes, talents and family situations can have good relationships. That being said, if he doesn't respect you, that's a different reason for ending a relationship.

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EddiesAssassin
Neophyte
Member # 12541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EddiesAssassin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dont the fact that your jealous of his family, or how he has a lot of things in his life that you didnt make you feel like you guys are not right for eachother.

But I'd say talk to him some more, if you really feel its important that he read that abuse thing then maybe print it out for him and give it to him while he's so busy watching tv.

Otherwise I think you have a very tough decision to make about weather he will change or not, because it is hard to live with someone who doesn't understand you or at least try to.

------------------
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ride it

Iron Maiden Rocks everyones socks off.
ironmaiden.com

Posts: 11 | From: TIburon, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.