Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » broken heart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: broken heart
gemini718
Neophyte
Member # 9191

Icon 9 posted      Profile for gemini718     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and this guy...i swear we thought we were going to marry eachother had been dating for almost 1 year. then during the last month of the relationship...we started arguing and started losing trust in eachother so we broke it off.....well that only lasted 3 days then we were back together for about 2 more weeks then broke it off again...well its been almost 2 months now and we stopped talking at one point completely for about a week...then we started casually talking everyday and i would call him to just say hey and he would call just to say whats up everyday pretty much...well now hes grounded and he cant call me but his parents say he can only accept phone calls from me so i call him like once a day just to be like uh hey whats up....well now i think he is losing interest completely and im starting to think that if he wanted something to happen between us again it wouldnt have taken him almost 2 months to figure that out. everyone thinks its really weird that we still talk everyday almost since we have broken up and stuff but i dont really think it is and i dont really think he thinks its weird either cuz we just are wayyy different than anyother couple so im kinda stuck...should i just stop calling him and stop trying to make things happen or what. in my heart i think i should let go but also in my heart i dont want to cuz im afraid if i let go i will never get the chance to try with him again and well just forget about eachother completely. i need some advice. thanks. sorry so long i tried to put it in a nutshell....
Posts: 26 | From: spring, texas, united states | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trance4
Neophyte
Member # 12214

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Trance4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you still friends with him because you want something to happen or because you two are actually good friends?? If it doesn't hurt you and you are still friends because you actually care maybe you should stay friends with him.
my story(might or might not help): my guy and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years. However, we have broken up two times for a few months. We stayed friends through it all. I did date another guy while we were broken up and I think it helped me realize how much my guy actually means to me.
If it were meant to be, then it will happen, if it wasn't don't stress yourself too much on it. Date others and see how you feel.
Just my opinion..

------------------
~Peace & Love~

Posts: 19 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawutangho
Neophyte
Member # 12268

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dawutangho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean, I was going out with this guy, and my ""best friend"" broke us up 4 times! and then asked him out each time, it really sh*tted me off, because I really loved him, then she made up all this bullsh*t about me so there fore he like fully hated me, and has been going out with her for about 4 1/2 months and then she sends me e mails when they argue, saying if she lost him she would just die, and it wasnt till this afternoon that he started talking to e again because of all the sh*t she is saying, and I think he knows that it wasnt true, and I really love him, and I want him back, but I think he only likes me as a friend now, like I can call him and stuff and talk to him like you said, just about "stuff" and its finne now, but I dont think he wants to do anything more with me. and it took me a really lonng time, but I have finally accepted it! I still love him and would go out with him again but I know that I probably cant not till my ex "best" friend p*sses of and leaves us both alone! well good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should decide what you want. If it's ok with you to just be good friends, go for it. If you want to become a couple again, ask him. If he's not interested, then start moving on. There's nothing wrong with being just good friends.
Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.