Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » he's so busy these days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: he's so busy these days
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 8 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the best boyfriend the only trouble is that since we are in our final year of school its become very hard to see him out of school hours. Its driving me crazy because im used to seeing him very often. He's always got work, busy with other committments, or not allowed out.
I cant stand it, i get angry so easily over it now, like when he says that he cant see me tonight ill get angry (but i dont express that to him, i just say that i understand). I love him and wont consider ending it with him.. im just looking for advice in how to deal with it etc
any one?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. Welcome to the big world, babe.

Really, this happens with any relationship plenty of times during life, and will likely happen far more than once. because relationships are part of our lives, not ALL of our lives, sometimes other things we have to do need to take top priority.

In the future, you may be the one in the position he is now.

It's okay to be bummed out, but getting angry about it is pushing it a bit (and telling him it's all okay when you feel upset is also a bad idea). The smartest thing to do during times like this is to use the extra time for your own projects. Find things you want to do and haven't had the extra time for. Catch up with friends or family you may not have seen as much when you and your partner had more time together. All the stuff that gets pushed to the side when you do get to see your boyfriend? Push it up to the front of the list for a while.

In other words, find uses for that time that are productive and good for you.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janedoe101
Activist
Member # 11340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janedoe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I go to different schools, he had a job, but quit it to see me more. I was on debate team, which won MANY awards and possible scholarships, which i quit, to be with him more. He doesn't have his license yet (soon tho )so I don't see him during the week because we have to do our homework...but the weekends *drool*, the weekend is our time to shine! We see each other Friday-Sunday. My point, relationships sometimes make you change your point of view, things that used to be important mean nothing...ah...the power of love! Good luck finding time to spend with your sweetie...Phone calls and aol conversations help me and my boy feel closer even when we are far apart. I thank the lord (or...our parents for choice of living locations) we don't live miles and miles apart, only about 15 driving minutes Don't be mad if he has important plans, be mad if he breaks them with you. Good luck-i know how you feel
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do understand though that while that may be "the power of love," in your mind, those are also choices each person gets to make no matter how much you love someone else.

If, for instance, a user was saying they chose to ditch activities which could pay for them to go to college for a relationship, I'd be very, very wary. Why? because you can work busy times in relationship through a lot easier than you can come up with 20 grand out of the blue, and some life decisions like that can very much make your whole life a lot harder.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.