Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Ex.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ex.....
SLIMCHICK
Neophyte
Member # 11209

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SLIMCHICK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been broken up since July, and I am still in love with him. I had strong feelings in the relationship, but now that we've broken up, my feelings are stronger than ever. We still communicate (sometimes), but I want him back. When we talk on the phone, the communication is not on the friend level, it's on the relationship(that we use to have)level. He even asked if I still have feelings for him. I go crazy seeing him or thinking about the memories that we shared. I've thought about giving up my virginity to him, but I don't know. I don't know what it is that makes me like this. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

[This message has been edited by SLIMCHICK (edited 01-03-2003).]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh... I wouldn't talk to him for a while... seems like it's just making things worse.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herecomestheson
Activist
Member # 8200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herecomestheson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree 'Kandy Korn', I think it would be a wise idea to talk to him about it. If you feel that there is a chance for reconciliation and that you feel closer than maybe you should find out how he feels. I don't know your history but if you are able to make it work that would be great, but you should at least talk about it. Come to think of it there's nothing to lose really considering you two were already in a relationship and that you are still friends.
Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... let me say this. Either tell him how you feel and accept his response to that or stop talking to him. If you tell him that you like him and want to go back out with him and he says "Well I don't like you like that anymore," you're going to hurt yourself if you keep hoping you guys will get back together. You should take a little time off from him if you're not ready to accept that you guys are broken up.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no "right" answer to anything like this. It's all about what pace or new relationship feels right to the both of YOU, and the both of you only.

Since you're still feeling in love and also still feeling the desire to be with him romantically -- and that feeling isn't mutual -- seems to me than some time off is something you should consider. It's very hard to make sound choices when we have ulterior motives or when our feelings are murky.

And it's safe to say that deciding to have intercourse for the first time, for the reason that sounds like you thinking that could be a ticket to 'win him back" is an extraordinarily bad idea for everyone.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlet is right,
...and deciding to give up your virginity?
Sex is not going to fix anything, or make things go back, or get better.

None of us here knows the exact situation only you and him do, however if hes asking you if you still have feelings for him, maybe, just maybe he still thinks about you like that or is considering getting back together, but no one knows but him. Or maybe he senses your still gfeeling for him, and just wanted to know for sure. Sure you could tell him how you feel, but if its not returned, its YOUR decision whether or not you can handle still seeing him, or if it would be best to just let go all together.

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 01-03-2003).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i too broke up with my ex in july... and i'm still trying to get over him. you know how you said "now that we've broken up, my feelings are stronger than ever." you have to be weary of that... it always seems to work that way. you remember all the good, and just seem to forget the bad. the two of you must have broken up for a reason. i'm not say that that you shouldnt get back together with him or anything, but i think you should really think about why exactly did the two of you break up. there hd to be some reason. just try to remember before you get back into the relationship the bad with the good.

and i kno that breaking up is really hard, and i'm slightly still in the getting over him stage... but although it may not seem like it... if you really shouldnt get back into the relationship (you know deep down whether its a good idea or a bad idea), you slowly and surely will move on.

i would love for a second chance to get back wit my ex... be happy and all that great stuff too... i believe we really loved each other, but i also kno deep down that it wouldnt be a good idea... we had a bunch of problems, and even thought i wish we could work them all out... i dont think we realistically would be able to.

no one here can tell you what to do or what not to do, but i wish you good luck on your decisions.

------------------
dont worrie, b happie!!!!
it's all good (...i suppose)

Dont interrupt me when i'm talking to myself!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles Schultz

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLIMCHICK
Neophyte
Member # 11209

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SLIMCHICK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want to thank you for your opinions. but we didn't have any problems(that i know of). the reason we broke up was because he seen me talking to someone and i guess he thought i was cheating, but i was not. and i wouldn't have sex with him to get him back, it would be because i am ready and it's what i feel. it is just so hard to get over him when we didn't have problems. even when i was mad at him, he would say,"do you want me to call you back?" and i would say "no" because we couldn't be(or stay) mad at each other.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.