Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I didn't mean that!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I didn't mean that!
ConfusedGirl1
Activist
Member # 7456

Icon 11 posted      Profile for ConfusedGirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so the other night my boyfriend and I were driving around and we saw this girl I worked with. I said to him "hey, there's Stacy."

My boyfriend is a total goofball, and he replied with "ahhhh.. well tell Stacy she's hot..." and some corny something else. I didn't pay attention to it, because I knew he was just joking around and all.

Well, today at work I saw Stacy, and big mouth me got bored and told her. I just assumed she would laugh and that would be the end of it. But she didn't laugh at all. She was like "ewwww...errrm, I dunno what to say." I guess it would have been okay, it just didn't come out right.

Why on Earth did I do that!? Am I crazy or what? I haven't gotten a chance to talk to my bf about it, but when I do I am going to apologize because I shouldn't have done that. I was so embarrased. It just didn't come out right at all.

Now, how do I fix things so that the girl doesn't think I am a total freak for telling her that? And how do I fix it so that she doesn't think my bf is a weirdo either?

Or have I basically dug myself too far in the hole this time?

Posts: 49 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really wouldnt let it get you down so much. You let something slip, you didn't mean for it to be something she would take very personally, and you didn't mean to breach his trust.

If you feel like you should mention it to him, just tell him, minus her response. You don't need to hurt his feelings. Honestly, it doesn't sound to me like you did anything wrong. I think if you drop it from here, everyone else will, too.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missyj
Activist
Member # 10430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missyj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naw, I don't think this is really that serious that you have "dug yourself into a hole too far this time". -If I were you (which I am not, lol), I would-
1. Tell your boyfriend that you told her, just in case somehow something blows up in your face, which I am sure nothing will, he'll be inside the loop. Tell him not to feel bad either, cause he shouldn't. I would also leave out Stacey's response, or if he asks, just down play it too.
2. Apologize to Stacey, tell her that you are sorry it offended her. However, emphasize that it was a joke, and that your boyfriend is a "goofball" and he's always saying silly stuff like that, etc.
Just down play the whole thing, so it doesn't seem to awkward to her or you.

Don't worry, something this minor is bound to blow over. Good luck!

------------------
Love is natural, and everything that goes with it.

[This message has been edited by missyj (edited 12-30-2002).]

Posts: 153 | From: Oakville, Ontario. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConfusedGirl1
Activist
Member # 7456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConfusedGirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I told the bf.. he said considering he doesn't know her (he only saw her that one time) that he doesn't care. Whew...

Now, about Stacy, I am gonna try to play it down. In all honesty, I thought she would laugh. I meant it in a joking way, I just didn't say it right or something. (I have poor social skills). I guess I came off at first like he actually wanted to date her, which he never had any intent of.

Anyways thanks guys. I feel so much better now.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.