Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i have a guy question...............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i have a guy question...............
manda_panda_88
Neophyte
Member # 11100

Icon 5 posted      Profile for manda_panda_88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
k, there is this guy, that i really like, but he doesnt like me. the thing is that he knows that i like him. but the real problem is that i cant get over him, i dont know why that no matter what he does to hurt me i just cant seem to get over him, i jsut let it slide say ok stop all over my heart and forget me in the mud. i dont know what to do. can you help??????
Posts: 2 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BananaWednesday
Neophyte
Member # 11101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BananaWednesday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow. i get like that sometimes. maybe you should try to focus on his bad points and just rember that he wouldnt act any differently if you were boyfriend and girlfriend.
Posts: 6 | From: Far Away From Where I Want To Be | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soldier76:96
Activist
Member # 6511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soldier76:96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been "in a relationship" with my best friend, my wife. I don't believe a person should physically or emotionally hurt another person; YOU need to find a guy who can be a friend first & then a lover.
Pracice Safer Sex

Posts: 113 | From: Puyallup, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to work on valuing yourself some more as well. If you let this guy walk all over you and it just keeps on that way, I would say it's time to build up your confidence so you can find someone more deserving. I've had this experience myself actually. It's hard not to be clouded by your own emotions, and sometimes the only thing to do is ride it out. But do NOT put yourself in situations where he can emotionally or physically or in ANY WAY harm you. There's a good likelihood that the reason you stick around is that you don't value yourself enough to walk away. Make the choice. . . Which is more important, him or maintaining your dignity and self-worth? (I'd say the latter.)
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacvase
Neophyte
Member # 11048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacvase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you could keep thinking he'll do bad things to you like abuse you or cheat on you. Now that feels worse, right?
Posts: 37 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.