Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My Boyfriends dad is a jerk!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Boyfriends dad is a jerk!!!!!
Angel_Kisses
Activist
Member # 7964

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Angel_Kisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok my boyfriend Micheal and I get along really good..We are able to talk to each other and I know that I'm in love with him,but the only thing that bother's me about his family is his dad..Mikes twin brother is pretty cool and Mikes little bro Chris is so adorable and cool for a 7 year old..and Mikes mom is awesome,and his dad is nice really his dad is but his dad is is uuummm a jerk to Mike..
Mikes dad makes him come in from school work for like ever out in their barn and his dad sit's around and bosses him around..Mike told me about a 2 months ago that his dad likes have sumthing to hit..I'm not sure if that ment his dad abused him or what..I didn't ask because i didn't know how to react..Mike is a really nice,sweet loving guy,but his dad is taking a toll on him..Mike is depressed alot and sits around and acks like he is about to cry..It makes me feel helpless..Mike is my bestest best friend in the world and seeing him in this type of positon..It makes me want to cary everytime i see him like that.. My question is:How can I talk to him about it? I don't want to sound nosey.. How can I ask if his dad is abusive? I hate seeing him like this..
Thanks bunches!!!
Angel_Kisses

Posts: 52 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodbye_blue_sky96
Neophyte
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodbye_blue_sky96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, Please, please, avoid using run-on sentences, it makes posts so hard to understand. So, with that out of the way.....Your bf. The only way you can find out what the dilly is with your guy, is if you talk to him. I don't know how to tell you how to do this, you'll just have to kinda ask him to talk with you about what's bothering him, and if he does, great, and if he doesn't, well then maybe he will someday. You can't force him though. If he doesn't want to talk, he doesn't want to talk. Just try and be a friend through this I guess. I guess I would just talk it out with my girlfriend, if something like this were happening. so, I put in my opinion, take it or leave it, it's here if you need it. hope I helped. -Zach
Posts: 36 | From: ......up......there..... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.