Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Signs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Signs?
xsweety85ox
Activist
Member # 8044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xsweety85ox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I was wondering if anyone believes in Signs when it comes down to relationships.

I think that there is something out there because my boyfriends birthday is 3/4 and the street i live on is 34th street. Our Anniversary Date is 9/25/00 and when you add them it's 34 and each time I look at the clock at night it's always 9:25. It makes me think and it makes him think too when he looks at the clock that it's always our anniversary date.

Does anything like this ever happen to anyone?

Posts: 41 | From: astoria, ny, us | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, but I don't know if it always necesarily means much. I'm descended from women who saw ghosts and read tea leaves, but I'm not sure if there's a gene for superstition. I've had dreams that came true, but often on rather mundane topics. I knew that a certain supermarket was going to expand before it actually happened, but what's the use of that? I suspect that maybe the supernatural contains just as much unimportant and uninteresting stuff as the ordinary.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Better living through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thisonecanbe
Activist
Member # 10445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thisonecanbe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what it means YET, but I always see the number 747. I see it on receipts to clocks.

------------------
...i've done all i can do; could i please come with you?

Posts: 63 | From: nowhere | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is important to realize that we do tend to notice things which we find significant, such as anniversary dates or birthdays or names or times.

That isn't to say that doing so is insignificant, but that it is something our minds naturally do, so it may or may not have anything to do with the fates, and plenty to do with our own mental synapses and patterns.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hickeygurl417
Neophyte
Member # 10026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hickeygurl417     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this happens all the time to me. i the past couple days i saw the same time on the clock (its sinificant but i wont put the number on here because some of u may get offended or whatever) and everytime i think of calling "my" man (were seeing each other but rnt official) "work it" by missy eliot eithier comes on the radio, the tv, or someone walks by and is singing it. i dunno but they seem like signs to me lol. i see signs of every thing me and my friend used to have a "theory place" we called it that because we would go to eat at this fast food place(i wont say that name because they may try to block it becuase they might say its info they could use to figure out who i am) newayz we would eat there and we would dicuss the signs and come up with theories behind them and this was the only place were it seemed to work. signs are only an indication that something may happen and can often be false because u wanted to see them there so beware of that. newayz i wanted to let u know ur not alone in seing signs
Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey this reminds me of a time i was visiting another town and me and my boyfriend's names were on intersecting street signs. It was kind of scary. These sort of things happen to me a lot...i often look at the clock and it's the same time i looked at it yesterday or it's exactly an hour later than it was last time i looked at it. I just figure it's coincedence. Funny how things happen like that
Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.