Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Should I be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I be worried?
inkie
Neophyte
Member # 8840

Icon 5 posted      Profile for inkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been going out with my boyfriend for almost two months now, but it seems like he constantly is flirting with other people and he does it when I am standing right there. My friends tell me that I should be worried, but I'm not sure if I should be, because it doesn't really bother me. I'm sorry if I confused you, but what I am basically asking is if I should be concerned about this. Thanks
Posts: 17 | From: my own little world, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when you get a chance to talk to him in private, tell him his flirting makes you uneasy. assure him you don't mind him having female friends, but he still needs to be considerate of your feelings. talk to him in person, it's harder for him to avoid you that way. and phrase your words wisely because if it comes out wrong,you wind up sounding really possessive, and that doesn't get you anywhere. so write it out if you have you and memorize your speech to him if need be.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That seems pretty low of your boyfriend to be flirting with other girls, let alone right in front of you.

The only way he'll ever know is if you tell him. So get movin', honey!

Gumdrop had some really wise words there: make sure your words come out right or you might sound controlling! If he doesn't stop flirting, I think it's about time you let him see how it feels to be hurt and give him the goodbye. Good luck, sweetheart.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.