Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » the girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the girl
shank021
Neophyte
Member # 5274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shank021     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost 16 now and i have been go to this camp ( not the childish type thing you may be thinking)for 3 years. To any returning camper for if only one year there is a love for this camp. Its like a family. You meet your best friends from all around the country. Anyway, there is this girl I met there my first year. It could, for all i know be pure lust because I have wanted her since the first day I met her. I only see her for that one month every year, and occasionally for a couple minutes if i run into since we live in the suburbs next to her.
Most times when you have a crush on someone you think in your mind how bad you want to get on them and go down on them or something sexual, but with her its different some how. I think about her and sometimes i just feel like i would want to kiss her and for her to be my girlfriend and just to hold. Other times i think about her i want to do the whole sexual thing, like pleasuring her.
While i was at camp i was sitting in my bed listening to Michael Jacksons new CD (sorry if you dont like him haha. ) and i was listening to track 8 called Speechless. When i heard that song it was like he took the words out of my mouth in some way. I felt something while i was listening to it. I played the song for my friend(without sayin anthing to him about how it reminded me of the girl) and he told him i should play it for the girl(cuz he knew i liked her). I dunno......what would you conclude from this? If it was clear at all...Thanks

Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do I conclude from this? that you are a fairly normal 16 year old. Very often people your age fixate on unavailable idea partners. I did this till I was 20. after awhile the unrequited thing grows old and you begin to become interested in people that are available and interested in you. I don't know all of what's behind this. In part I think it has to do with not being ready for an interactive relationship, so we do this kind of thing as practice. so practice, when you're ready you'll move on to someone more accessable.

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shank021
Neophyte
Member # 5274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shank021     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may be right about me "fixate on unavailable idea partners" as well as me not being ready, but i was just with a girl for almost 3 months and after the first kiss interaction isn't scary. I mean i am nervous about first moves...but if i think about how i want to get with a girl, i just have to make a move or i'll never be ready... BUT with this girls i think theres something different. I know i kind of said this in the first one but although sometimes i want to be sexual with her most of the time i think how i would just want to be with her because i enjoy her company and i just want to hold her. There is just something about her. It may be that eather she is a tease or just has the idea that men make her feel safe. (something happened at camp that was very scary to all the girls, and it would take to long to explain) but we were sleeping in tents that night and she asked the counselors if i could sleep with her and her friends because they would feel safe...
I just dont know.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why Mingo stated this person is unavailable to you? Maybe Mingo can help with that, because I didn't see you say she was unavailable.

I also can't figure how one got lasping into psychoanalyzing this girl -- eather she is a tease or just has the idea that men make her feel safe? What is that about?

In any event -- like I said, the last two posts got a little convaluted, so it's all become murky, when it seems initially like you were describing pretty normal romantic feelinsgf ro someone, feeling which you can shoose to pursue or not.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.