Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » my boyfriend thinksi regret it, but i don't!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my boyfriend thinksi regret it, but i don't!
fairie
Activist
Member # 8914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend are sexually active, but i always feel guilty after making love because i know I'm defying my parents. I asked him last night if we could slow things down(basically meaning just no sex) and now he thinks that I regret everything we did. I told him that I don't regret a thing at all, that I'm just confused But i fear that he resents me now because I've done this before, right after we had sex for the first time my parents found out so i asked him to slow it down for a little bit.but then i felt that i was ready again, so i gave the ok to heat it up again. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice to let him know that i don't regret anything, and if he does resent the situation how to make things right again...thanks ya'll!b

------------------
Live,Laugh,Love

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He should be able to respect and understand your decision to slow things down. All you can do is try and explain everything to him about how you feel guilty about it, but you don't regret that you did it with him.

Everyone has the right to slow things down when they want to no matter what the reason, so don't feel guilty or anything for doing what you think is best. Just tell him how you feel and he should understand. Just tell him right out that you don't regret it.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another way to reassure him might be to explain that your relationship is far more than just sex (hopefully this is true!) and you don't intend to stop loving him or spending time with him. Even if there weren't guilt factors involved, there's nothing wrong with wanting to spend time with your beloved in non-sexual ways (even if you have already had sex), and this might be a good opportunity for you two to re-discover some fun non-sexual (but still romantic) activities to do together.
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.