Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Let's hear it, all of your cute/funny/sexy pet names! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Let's hear it, all of your cute/funny/sexy pet names!
Lil'Lin
Neophyte
Member # 8007

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lil'Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this one would be pretty interesting, because some pet names/nicknames between partners get pretty funky (cute, odd..etc.) and just simply amusing!
So, I thought I'd start a thread to get people talking about them! I don't think this topic has been posted yet, sorry if it has! But anyhow, what's your pet/nick name that pookie bear has given you? Or what's your sweetie's nick name? And of course, the legend (if there is one) on how you and/or your hunny got it!
Hope to hear from ya!

Oh and as for me, my dumpling's nick name is Boo-Boo's (Or just Boo) Because a relative teased him about it because they thought he was cute so it was a little joke they had madefor him when he was young and I got wind of it and eventually started teasing him with it too! It soon became just an affectionate name for him from me. He's not as 'cute' but he affectionately teases me right back with names like "crazy kid" and "goofy" because of my occasional hyper fits. Hehe.
Okie, I've wasted too much bandwidth now so that's all for me!

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 13 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pet names are one of my pet HATES! I've got a friend called Sam, and his girlfriend calls him 'Sammykins' MEGACRINGE!!! I was eating a tuna sandwich when she said it, and lets just say, the tuna escaped from my mouth at high speed as I had a major laughing fit.

Oh, I sound such an old cynic, don't I? I don't mind nicknames, but as soon as the soppy oh-so-sweet lovey dovey names start, pass the paper bag, love!

*Badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heeheehee. I call him wally cuz his midle name is wallace and then he's also broken (because he has soooo many problems with muscles and bones and such) so i call him broken wally which has turned into B.W.

he calls me spop (sometimes) because we were trying to think of what he should call me since he thinks my nickname is weird (mo) for a girl so we chose spop...its short for spiderman poptarts cuz those were GOOOOOOOOD

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend always calls me "babygirl" or hes always like "oooh your my baby!!" and sometimes he calls me "Kare-Bear" (because my name is kerry! hehe)

I don't really have a nickname for him, i should really think of one!

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha!

this is a funny thread. i was always one of the people who cringed at pet names too. well, one day me and my boyfriend were making fun of our roommates (the guy is his roommate-the girl is my roommate-and they have been dating for almost 5 years now). well, the guy always calls the girl "hon" and "em" (short for her name, emily). but the thing is, he calls her that when other people are around, and he refers to her as "em" even in conversation with others.

example: "yeah, em and i are going to the movies tonight."
and she's not even around!

so we were joking about this one day and started making up stupid names to call each other like babycakes, twinkie, swiss cake roll, dumpling head, cupcake, etc (we were really playing off the whole snack cake industry!)

well, some of them stuck. when my boy is being silly, he calls me babycakes, lady fingers (??), tookie love (??!!??), things like that. its pretty funny. thankfully, he NEVER calls me that in front of anyone else- i'm just not down with that! but its cute because he is acting so silly.

p.s. by the way celery, if you read this thread again- did your pain go away or did you get it checked out? i was just worried about you, especially after my recent episode with strange pain in my abdominal area.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*tee hee* cute thread

um, he calls me "monkey", and i'm not really sure why. he just started calling me that when we were friends hanging out, and for a while i didn't think he knew my real name but i love it, and i even feel kinda weird if he calls me by my real name...

i call him "bunny" because of that one scene in "pulp fiction" where the diner robbers go "i love you pumkin" "i love you honey-bunny..." :P he asked me if i thought we'd ever rob restuarants together so it just kinda stuck...

god, i'm still giggling...

-mistress_monkey

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gloworm:

p.s. by the way celery, if you read this thread again- did your pain go away or did you get it checked out? i was just worried about you, especially after my recent episode with strange pain in my abdominal area.

Umm, I'm still having some pains in the area, but it's not like a constant pain anymore, I don't think it's anything serious, I hope its not! Thanks gloworm for caring so much

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He just calls me the plain old "sweetie, huni, baby, babygirl" I call him Willum because his name is William and I tease him that if that was his name it would be spelled Willyum. If ya'll get that I don't know. Nothing else really.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my (ex...) bf and i were talking about pet names once when i saw a poist here. it was really funny cause we were going throu all these animals, cakes, candies, and fruits (lol dont ask...) and he decided on like two/three but than forgot them by the end of the day. lol... talk about short term memory loss...

he kept coming up with cute names, but than i would remember how they were already peoples nicknames... and i didnt want the same nickname as them... or anything that everyone already uses (aka cutie, hunny, etc.)

anyway, i didnt like anything we couldnt think of... and he didnt want to be called kiwi lol so... we ended up not having pet names... go figure.

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah, lol. my ex had BRIGHT red hair and we were all making fun of all those people who call eachother "muffin" and "sweetie" and stuff so i started calling him bacon head and it stuck. people thought we were weird when i'd say "awwwww, baconhead!"
heehee

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as far as me and nicknames, I don't tend to have many for myself. . . But I'm all about using them. I use a lot of the same pet names for my bf and girl friends just 'cause that's the way I am. Some include, dearling, sweets, hun, dear, etc. And then for those of us that read Mercedes Lackey there's ashke and kechara though depending on the person those have different depths of emotion behind them.
As for what my pet names via my bf are. . . Well, he's very into the whole chivalry concept so he calls me m'lady and m'love or just love. Once I think he called me his baby, and that was just interesting. A complete first. But I think it's cute when he uses my name too. It's just the way he says it. I never liked my name much, but from him it sounds extra-special.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ganda0924
Neophyte
Member # 8751

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ganda0924     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great thinking..my bf calls me mahal- whenever he misses me, hon-if i'm with him and ganda-if he likes something. i frequently call him mahal.. we don't call each others pet name in front of any body 'xept with my best friend..its very cute and very sweet...
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
play_withme_69
Activist
Member # 7238

Icon 12 posted      Profile for play_withme_69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and my nicknames for eachother are...baby, sexy, sweetheart, pretty normal ones but i love them!
Posts: 42 | From: london ontario canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Action Annzy
Activist
Member # 7197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Action Annzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I despise soppy pet names...and since my boy found this out he hasn't stopped with them!

The worst one I've ever heard I think would have to be schnookums.....errr cringe factor! lol

But he only calls me that to annoy me, he usually just calls me sexy, cutie, gorgeous, baby, or angel - thats my fav one

But onther ones that he annoys me with are hunny and seetheart, he also calls me these in front of his brothers, and boy do they bag both me and him out!! He drives me so crazy sometimes! But I love him!

------------------
~*':.,,nnz,,.:'*~

*Wake up to your decisions, delusion creates your own submission*

Live more, Be crazy, And regret nothing.

Posts: 57 | From: Down Under! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, and to think the closest I have to a nickname is Undead (because I tend to be dark around the eyes, have cold skin, and be able to walk up behind people without them hearing me, I guess.). My cats tend to get called Muffin (my big macho cat), and Bat Cat (the big-eared black one), but I've never been able to call people sappy names with a straight face.

------------------
Why can't you have your cake and eat it too?
Why believe in things that make it tough on you?
Why scream and cry when you know it's through?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He calls me Brianna, and I call him Jeremy. We never got into the whole pet-name thing, and he's never even tried to shorten my name to Bri (cringe) or anything like that.

But we do meow at eachother. A lot.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OpheliasMusing
Neophyte
Member # 8858

Icon 7 posted      Profile for OpheliasMusing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lessee...

our very close, personal pet names only to be used within 6 inches of speaking distance: he calls me beautiful & occasionally tsuyayaka (japanese for beautiful, since i'm japanese) & i call him love. simple, sweet, and hot :-D

i've had a habit of calling him Cowboy recently; he just performed in a play in april about the wild west, & way back when he was like, 4, he was obsessed with cowboys. it's just stuck.

and once in a blue moon, he calls me Hooty McBoob, a la the Simpsons... *shakes head*

------------------
maybe we could meet again, further down the river[br]
and share what we both discovered[br]
then revel in the view.[br]

~incubus

Posts: 7 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs::

R and I meow at each other too. Actually, that's how my sister figured out we were together. I was in the process of coming out to her and she was like "I knew. I mean, at first I thought you guys were just friends, but when you started 'mrow'ing at each other..."

But one of our many pet names for each other is 'whoompity-smoosh.' Apparently, lovers in France refer to each other as [I don't speak French, so this is a phonetic attempt]: 'Mon petite shue,' meaning my little cabbage. R called me that one day but I heard it as "whompity-smoosh." And it stuck.

My dream is to one day go to the supermarket with R and page her over the PA system:

"Would Mr. Whompity-Smoosh please come to the information counter?....."

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O'sMusing, you get the "Hootie McBoob," too??? My boyfriend quotes the Simpsons at length, and yeah, I get "Hootie McBoob," "Chesty LaRue" and "Busty Sinclair."

okay, i'll give it a go." He calls me [his] "Snuggle Girl." Or "Little Buttercup" (it's some 'Three Amigos' reference, but I don't get it)

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jason calls me jeans (my name is jeanette) and i call him my sweater (cuz he always has this sweater...it just...well..him) we were just joking around or what not and he started calling me jeans, so we decided to stick to clothes terminology and voila! sweater. its an amazing thing. but since sweater is kind of well hard to say...so sometimes we just stick to me calling him sexy, and him calling me jeans. and sexy fits very well, too.

------------------
*~remember the only thing we need sometimes are chilly nights and warmer thighs, cuz nothing is like being held...sometimes*~

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scribbled
Neophyte
Member # 8849

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Scribbled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any, but my sister calls her husband "Shoe."
On a whim I will call certain people "Bean" or "Chicken."
No particular stories; I just think these words are cute as they pop into my head.
Lil Lin: Fun thread, btw!
And Bohemian, that is the funniest story I have heard all day. Thanks for making me laugh!

Posts: 17 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire
Neophyte
Member # 8855

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex used to call me "shnookums". My friend thouht it was sooo cute, but then I found out that he was calling the gurl he was cheating on me with that too, and the rest is history...

------------------

Posts: 4 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelicmadrigal
Activist
Member # 8854

Icon 2 posted      Profile for angelicmadrigal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfreind and I stick to sterotypical names of : "sweetheart","love","dear".
He's also called me his "fallen angel" on several occasions and I've been known to use the phrase "my little bananna boat" ( it's a desert consisting of a banana filled with marshmallows anad choclate, wrapped in tinfoil, then cooked over coals) on occasion.

I've never used this, but for those of you who like more exotic pet names try "ma bijou" it's French for "my toy".

Posts: 100 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
O'sMusing, you get the "Hootie McBoob," too??? My boyfriend quotes the Simpsons at length, and yeah, I get "Hootie McBoob," "Chesty LaRue" and "Busty Sinclair."

i get that too. you guys forgot "big boobs mcgee"

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dixiechick88
Neophyte
Member # 8786

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dixiechick88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey gurl cool topic!

this guy friend that i have calls me short stuff. mah firends call me princess because mah daddy is some of mah friends boss!
so i think i have it made and mah bf calls me babe,hun,lover, stuff like that.

luv ya,
dixiechick88

Posts: 9 | From: Chicago,IL,USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend, he's crazy sometimes. He calls me everything you can think of! Before we started dating he called me Hooly, since my name is Holly. Now he calls me schnookems, babe, sweetie, cupcake, and muffin. Its really what comes to his mind first I think!!! I call him donkey, one night he was over here and I called him a jacka** and my mom heard me and she told me not to call him that, so he is stuck with donkey!!!!
Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orchid
Neophyte
Member # 8663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orchid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Pet names' are very important in my relationship - my boyfriend has a sort of block, or adamant fixation which emotionally prevents him from saying people's names (it's difficult to explain, forgive the awkward wording). I've never heard him address anyone by name, and he's never said mine, not in 2 and 1/2 years. He calls me another simple, normal first name that's not mine, though it has become more natural than my birth name now. I call him about a thousand different things, from puppycritter to crittlesmidget, we thrive on naming games - it's a way of turning a difficulty of his into something close, fun, and special. It was an unusual circumstance at first, but it's a sweet sort of thing now.
Posts: 32 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SaffronSarcasm
Neophyte
Member # 8985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaffronSarcasm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not so much that we have nicknames for each other (actually, they make me gag, in general...something to do with the "schmoopie" Seinfeld thing), but we have so many inside jokes that we speak in code most of the time.
For instance, we went miniature golfing once, and there was a sign announcing a shift leader meeting, but the words were really close together. My boyfriend thought that "shiftleadermeetin'!" was some sort of German slang having to do with golf. Of course, our conversations are peppered with random outbursts of "shiftleadermeetin'!"

------------------
"I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl" --The Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!?" --The Simpsons

Posts: 6 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JeRsEyGiRl
Neophyte
Member # 8996

Icon 7 posted      Profile for JeRsEyGiRl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend calls me "Angel". He also calls me Sexy, Hottie, Sweetie, Cutie....all those other ones lol. I love it when he calls me his Angel though
*Jersey*

Posts: 3 | From: Oneco, CT | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devilishbrunette
Neophyte
Member # 8989

Icon 7 posted      Profile for devilishbrunette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm called shnookums,and I call him pookie! lol We only call each other those names in private,however. lol:P

------------------
~*!*~D.B.~*!*~

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tifa
Neophyte
Member # 9026

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Tifa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...lemme c....

My boyfriend calls me: Tiffy-poo, Candy Pants, Snuggly Wumpkins, Duck, Silly Billy, Cutie, Baby, Honey, Lover, future wife, Lil Pizza Pie (His favorite food is pizza, but he loves me more! ^^ or so he says....),and Spark Plug. (He said if he was a mechanic that's the nickname he'd give me, but he uses it anyway.)

I call him: Chrissy, Chrissy-poo, Snugglebunny, Silly Billy, Silly Billy Goat Goat, Silly Goose, Goose, Cwissy, Cookie Dough, Cupcake, Muffin, Radiator (I had to have one to use against "spark plug".), Moon Pie (Because his Mom wanted to name him MoonBeam. Yeah, Moonbeam.Heheheh.),and Pookie. (It makes him mad because that's what his Dad has called him since he was 5 ^^;.)

I know there are more but i won't go into them..^^

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babytasa69
Activist
Member # 5595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babytasa69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend calls me sweets or tasa baby or honey or sweetie lol there are many i call my bf teddy bear most of the time!!
Posts: 49 | From: Quebec Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by angelicmadrigal:
I've never used this, but for those of you who like more exotic pet names try "ma bijou" it's French for "my toy".

Actually, it would be 'mon bijou' because bijou is a masculine noun, and it means 'my jewel. Sorry if I come across as a nark, but... 'ma bijou' as 'my toy' just didn't seem right.

------------------
Don't ask me about my day. Please.

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
army_angel13
Activist
Member # 9184

Icon 7 posted      Profile for army_angel13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my nickname is Lover Girl(nothing bad), and my nickname for my b/f(who I shall remain nameless, for now) is Cuddle Bear. I call him my Cuddle Bear because of a event that happened(I'm not telling!)

------------------
[i]Lacey[i]

Posts: 56 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Chloe and my bf calls me "kloklo" (you'd have to be there to understand, it does have a story behind it). and my soon-to-be ex boyfriend calls me his "babygirl" and I will miss it sooo much and he also calls e "baby" and "sweetie" and "sweetheart" and all that good stuff. Hah. "Sammykins." thats funny, badger...and you best believe im gunna start calling my "boyfriend" named Sam that!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.