Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » One Good Turn (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: One Good Turn
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this done on another board a little while ago, and I REALLY liked the idea.

Thing is, we have relationships not just outside the boards, but ON the boards, too. And we often take for granted how great they are for us. That given...

Here's the way this goes. Each poster has to say something (or plenty of somethings) nice about the poster that posted before them in the thread. if you're next,m and you don't know the last poster that well, you can hit their profile and look through some of their posts and get a taste of who they are.

If multiple postings happen at once, or you want to say nice things about more than one poster in the thread, it's okay, just be sure to keep the flow going by working from the last thread up.

I'll start by saying how much I care for ALL of you: other staff, volunteers and users. Often, I'll have friends who look at the boards, and they're usually blown away by the level of maturity they see around here, and the level of kindess and care amongst everyone. I'm often very impressed at the hard work some of you do to make positive changes for yourself, and to help foster that in others. Many users who come asking a question for themselves turn right around and help someone else.

And my staff and volunteers work for absolutely nothing except to help others out and that's pretty admirable, say I.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She made this site, which I think we're ALL grateful for

Yay Miz S!

Takes guts.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cupcake has matured immensly as a regular poster here I just went through all of her posts, and in her time here she's well aquainted herself w/ articles and the search function, and is quick to gently remind new(er) users to do the same. In Sex Ethics and Politics, she's very good at sharing her opinion, while respecting others' views at the same time.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in the middle of making the first post after Heather in this thread, when I had to get offline, so I hope you don't mind me adding some words on Heather first before I come to Smurf.

Good words about Heather: that really isn't too hard a task anyway.

I want to thank you for having this rocking website and doing the awesome work that you do. It's costly business, and I know how often you cut back on private expenses just so you can pay the server bills.

I wish the universe would pay you the money you deserve.

Often enough, beneath all the shitty eMails you get from people who don't get how important this work of yours is, you don't get to hear quite often enough how much Scarleteen rocks.
It's been about 2 1/2 years or so, since I first came to Scarleteen. You probably don't remember, but I send you fanmail then, after reading a now long gone article on safer sex and the whys and hows of it, which preceded safe,sound & sexy.
Found it so unbelievable someone was out there giving awesome advice on sexual health with clear reasoning behind it to teens.

And it's still that way.

You say things I need a paragraph to express in a sentence and you always find an understanding word for everyone. You make things crystal clear and easy to understand and manage to explain often how our actions influence the whole of society, too.
You know what? You just rock.

Scarleteen aside, I admire your other work a hell of a lot, too, and wish I has just a wee bit of your daringness when you share your viewpoint and opinions and the good and the bad of life.
So glad that you're there.

And now on to the blue pilosopher: Smurf!

Hollie, it's been incredible to see you grow ever since I've been at Scarleteen. Do you remember our first ever chat before you had your first gyno visit? You were totally freaked about it, so we plotted strategies and looked at gyno chairs online to help you calm down.

And it worked a wee bit, hasn't it?

These days, you're such a pro advice giver yourself, smurf. What an impressive transformation!

I'm very proud of you for having written the article on your abuse and sharing that with other users. You've really come a long way, baby, and you'd be dearly missed if you weren't here.
It'll be great to see you move on to study for your future job as a midwife/nurse (that's still your plan, right?) and see you learn and discover things in that direction, too.

a big fat *mwuah* to you both.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-21-2002).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While she'd probably be the first to acknowledge that she's not done nearly as much as Miz S. (it's kinda hard to top the founder), I think those of us who've been here for awhile have seen that Alaska's put in loads of time at Scarleteen, contributing regularly to every forum, far as I can tell.

She's also on many occasions, put things in a new light for me personally, and made me rethink some things.

Sound thinking and an easy-to-get-along-with way about her are what I think of, with Alaska. I'd bet most everyone around the site is happy she's in her corner.

Thanks 'laska!

Edited to add: Everyone around the site is happy Alaska is in our corner. Eeep!

------------------
Why don't you admit, you don't have the balls to be a queer?
-Screeching Weasel, "I wanna be a homosexual"

[This message has been edited by Dzuunmod (edited 06-21-2002).]

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dzuunmod -fellow Montrealer who has a name I can never spell properly so to be safe I copy and pasted it.

I appreciate how seriously he takes his responsiblities as an Advocate at Scarleteen. He is a respectful and thoughtful poster. He seems to be flexible in his thinking and tackles new challenging subjects with a sense of dignity for all those concerned.

And he is a fellow Montrealer.

------------------
-Scarleteen Sexpert

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bettie, you've been here for the long haul, and I don't think I've ever seen you post a reply to anyone that was incorrect or even questionable.

dzuun, I admire the way you are opinionated but you seem to be able to avoid conflict when letting your opinion be known.

and heather, I know it must feel like an overwhelming amount of misinformation that you're fighting every day, but if you help one person, you've done something great - and you've helped a LOT of kids with this site, including me. thank you. ;]

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Intelligent, quirky, always ahas a good reply to a quesiton, a friendly face in ST(One of many I might add) knows what she's talking about, isn't afraid to show it and always pays a compliment where it is deserved.

In closing, a really really nice person.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herecomestheson
Activist
Member # 8200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herecomestheson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Her name contains the word "Slayer" in it, a group who still manages to kick ass at the age of forty.
p.s. I do not know anyone on the board

Posts: 72 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allow me to help (and okay, I oncfess, poke in and get the excuse to say some nice things about some more folks who have already posted!):

herecomestheson is brand new, but already took the time to post in a thread to say something nice about someone! How generous is that?

And Alaska and Bettie, heaven knows what I'd so without either one of you as co-staff. Honestly, I'd go out of my mind. I'm so grateful for the both of you.

Smurfie, ditto on what Alaska said. My, how you've grown! I'm so proud! Same goes for you, Madame Lemming. Remember jjust a couple years ago how confused you were about where you were going? Oh my! I love your self-assurance and honesty.

Dzuunmod always, always keeps everyone thinking. He seems to have the rare gift of being very analytical and even critical but totally compassionate at the saame time.

Cupcake and slayer, even though you're not volunteers, you've volunteered help to others anyway, which is just fabulous.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Miz Scarlet's up again...I can only echo what everyone else has said. She created Scarleteen, a place where I can learn how to keep myself safe without being talked down to. It's that last part that's really important to me; no matter what the quality of the information, I cannot heed it if it's being given in a condescending manner. Fortunately ST is open, honest, and friendly.

I've also been wanting to say something about Slayer_gurl. She came here at what seemed to be a very stressful time for her. Since then she has really come a long way. From what I can glean from the boards, she still has the occasional rough patch (Who doesn't?) but she seems to be handling them with ease and confidence. Just a month or two ago she did something that must have taken a lot of guts and determination: writing a letter to her school's administration on behalf of the GLBT folk there.

Here at ST she's always ready to offer help and encouragement to everyone. I can think of a couple of times when I've been suffering board burn-out that I stumbled across one of her posts that just cheered me right up.

Thanks to both of you.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ook is just an absolute sweetheart, and she's done a great job in compiling the "New To Scarleteen?" topic.

Heather, Caro, and Bettie are the most fabulous co-Sexperts any Sexpert could want. And if that ain't enough, Heather and Caro are also lots of fun to chat with, and the they can almost always make me laugh. And Bettie, I'm quite sure that would apply to you too; one of these days I'll drop you an email, mmkay?

Smurfiekins and Lemming are also incredibly good people to talk to, and all of the advocates do a really terrific job. And Dzu is always posting interesting news snippets and thought-provoking topics.

And Slayer, I loved your post a while back where you talked about how you mentally "heard" Heather yelling at you when you were thinking about having unsafe sex with someone. I giggled for a very long time after I read that. (And I've talked to her on the phone, she sounds exactly like you imagined her!)

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gummy's so informed on medical information, and she can also explain the funny chemistry behind it. Ooooo. And she gives great emotional support to the board as well! Go Gummy!

Caro gives such comprehensive, considerate advice on the boards. Yay Caro!

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ashy is a awesome advocate.

Ive watched her post almost since she became a staff member. I look forward to reading what she has to say, because her answers are so knowledgable. She reall knows her stuff. She is also very nice, and respectful to oher posters. Ashy is a great staff member!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Logic_gurl is newer then me but shes so educated it seems like. i wouldnt be surpised if she becomes a advocate because she gives out great advise.
BruinDan is a great guy, hes out of my chat age limit but he seemed so cool.
and you can always tell when Kythn is up late at night putting in hours for the site and being bored becasue she responds to everything.
and of course miz scarlet. i think this was a great idea for a website, because teens can get the information about sex that they are afraid to ask their parents, and you all know you cant always trust the girls in the locker room. ive personally learned a lot here. i didnt even know what lube was. i just thought you put on a condom and went for it. im so glade i found this site.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jess, I just want to say I like the way you thank people when they've given you help, that's really nice Thanks to everyone else on this site, for all your input and especially Miz Scarlet for starting it!

It's like one big family here (cheesy I know, but I'm in that kind of mood!)

*Badger*

------------------
People only listen to the words I say - but it's the spaces between the words that give the most away.

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Oops!

Just a reminder: the deal is to say something nice about the last person who posted before you in this thread, and you can also include people who posted before that if you like, too, but don't forget the LAST person.

So, badger would be up next, and Kasper, too needs a post!

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Badger, I've never seen a post by you that wasn't helpful, you are able to give advice without sounding like you are judging the person.

btw, I don't mind if no-one does me, I don't exactly post very often.

------------------
Life rocks

Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
btw, I don't mind if no-one does me, I don't exactly post very often.

Ha! Don't think you can escape so easily!

AlwaysWorried, all the posts I've seen from you so far have been kind and thoughtful. And it's really cool to read that you and your girlfriend are taking things at your own pace - I wish more people were so wise .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okiedoke, to clean this thread up and bring it on track again, I'll hop in and say something about Kasper:

Kasper, it's been interesting to see how you've developed over the past 8 months that you've been a member here at the boards. Looking at your questions from October last year to what you post these days, there is a tremendous growth of knowledge obvious! You've definitely learned a lot!

What i noticed is that you're such a pro at advice giving in the relationships forum, not an easy playground for advice-giving, in my opinion! Great work in there!
Your answers are usually short and to the point - no fluff or talking around the issue with you! And that's what makes your advice so usable.

Good to have you around, Kasper!

Now, next person: Good Stuff about logic please! Shouldn't be too hard, should it?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Logic_grrl seems to have been ready-made to give advice at Scarleteen. It seems that she has carefully read all the articles on the main site (a blessing!!) and she gives more than she receives around here, even though she's so new.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rizzo has been around for a while, and has never been shy about expressing her opinions and encouraging people to really consider sides of an issue they may not have thought about before.

She's also posted some great topics in gender issues, and I'm glad she's an advocate!

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ErinK's so knowledgeable about alternative sexuality topics. She's always ready with good sound advice. Great sense of humor. And she studies literature. I wish I were a graduate student, too

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gummy is one of the coolest friends I have.

When I first found Scarleteen back in June of 2000, I lurked for ages because I wasn't sure I had anything meaningful to contribute. It was a post by GumdropGirl that got me to register and begin posting. Before that, I had sent her a bit of fanmail and before I knew it we were having just a whale of a time talkin' about all sorts of things. She was the very first friend I made here.

Now Gummy and her boyfriend are some of the best friends I've got. In fact, I am typing this right now while on a trip to see them; an 820-mile round-trip car trek that I make every few weeks. That is a sort of indication of the depth of our friendship.

GumdropGirl is well-versed in all things biological, and her posts always reflect the kind of knowledge that I wish I had. Often times she will post a reply while I'm sitting here scratching my head, trying to figure out what to say. Gummy often presents alternative arguments that are thought-provoking and insightful, and that is always a valuable commodity.

All in all, Gummy is someone I both admire and respect both as an Advocate and as a person, and I don't think you can do much better than that.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that was really sweet of danny to say that. he's in the shower right now, so he can't see me replying.

Danny, where do I start on Danny?

Definitely one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Really. You meet him once, and you feel as if you've already known him a million years. He's funny. He's always up for having a good time. Anybody would be lucky to have him on their team. He's got loyalty and integrity in spades. Always eager to lend an ear when you need it most. He deserves a lot more/better than he's been dealt. Maybe that's made him a stronger individual, but I for one would like to see him rewarded as soon as possible. Karma baby, karma.

BruinDan, thanks for being my friend. *hugs*

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, where do I start on my love for Danny boi? It all started with the scarleteen blog thread, and next thing you know I was hooked on his life and his humour Next step was, as all internet relationships go, ICQ chats. He has been there through so much, keeping his sense of humor and helping my self esteem. He solves all problems with one part logic, one part laughter, and one part experience.

What else can I say? he's just so spiffy...and he has a surprisingly manly voice. *giggles* He's just my uber-proof that people you meet on the internet can totally affect your life, sometimes more than real people.

*smooches* much love to Danny

Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HeatherRocksMyBobbySock/Pixie69 (sorry, I can't stop thinking of you as Pixie), I really admire how brave you've been in changing your life so much recently- I'm sure that its not something that just anyone could do- you're pretty special for managing it, and all the stress that comes along with it.

(Just a note on people who have posted previously- I met Danny- BruinDan- last December, and he truly is one of the best friends that I have, an amazing person who has done more to get where he is at 23 than most people have done by the time they're 30 or even 40. Maybe more than what most people do in their whole lives.
I also met Alaska, and she's definitely a cool person, both online and off- and great to talk to when you need to unwind.
I haven't met Gumdrop Girl- though I hope to one day-, but she too is quite wonderful to talk to- a sharp sense of humour, very open minded, and great when you need to vent.)

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moth
Activist
Member # 2606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beppie is an excellent advocate. Her advice is always concise, thoughtful both emotionally and intellectually, and relevant. I thoroughly enjoy reading it. <g> Although I don't know her personally (know her little enough that I'm worrying about whether Beppie IS a her . . . geeze), everything I've read of hers points to her being a very caring person, and I know she means quite a bit to many of the people here. I actually wasn't going to reply to this until I saw her name- but then I saw she was next in line, and since she certainly deserves adulation, I wanted to give it to her. <g>
Posts: 72 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prospero's_daughter
Neophyte
Member # 7179

Icon 7 posted      Profile for prospero's_daughter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, well I'm new ish here, although I've made a few posts.. I checked up on Moth's history at this site (I feel like a detective!) and from what I read, I'd say that she's very friendly, comfortable with who she is, which is definitely something to be admired and she's willing to give out (good!) advice. Go Moth!
Posts: 25 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since prospero's_daughter is newish at this site, I would definitely welcome her. I went through her history to take a look at some of the posts she's made, and even though they are few I've gotten a slight idea of what prospero's_daughter is like. She is very kind and encouraging with nary a mean word to say to anyone. And plus she's from London, which adds extra-cool bonus points for her. I've been there, it's great. She's really thankful if people reply to her posts, and seems to put thought and compassion into every one of hers. On top of that, her encouragement generally has a note of caution and safety that demonstrates in an intelligence on her part. Prospero's_daughter you rock!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always look forward to what Maryha has to say. She rarely gets off topic, and has some of the best advice.
Her words are comforting and she usually knows where you're coming from.
Anytime I have a super important post, I know Maryha will be one of the first ones in Relationships forum.

No matter how much or little anyone posts; how new, old, or young they are,I respect everyone here at Scarleteen. And a huge hug to Miz Scarlet for dedicating her time to ST.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daydreamer24, you remind me a lot of myself a lot at times. You always have something nice to say and i look forward to read you posts. You're always bright and happy, and are one to follow the guidelines, and your advice is always pleasant.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 06-23-2002).]

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Celtic is so sweet and i feel like i have a lot in common with her, and Daydreamer too! Celtic always has advice to give and i've never seen her be mean to anyone. I knew she would be an advocate ever since i signed up here

------------------
Bacon bits and jalapenos on my Polish hot dog.
Half a pound of potato chips and a beef jerky log.
I press my face to the window, a wrapper sticks to my shirt.
Eight people in a stinky van, a couple more couldn't hurt.

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Catherine has been here almost a year, and I have had fun watching her grow from a new user full of questions into someone who feels confident giving advice and adding valuable bits to threads in progress. She is quick with a compliment and goes out of her way to be helpful to users in need. I find that attitude to be very appealing, and it certainly helps maintain a positive atmosphere here! And besides, Star failed her first road test when her car's horn broke...which is something we have in common. How bizarre is that?

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*jumping for joy because i get to say nice things about bruindan* *hoping im doing this right this time*
what can u say about danny boy that hasnt been said before? i think hes a cool guy. i wanted to get to know him because of his user name, my high school's mascot is the bruins. i like reading his blog because hes so blunt. hes also verry nice, couldnt tell that from his blog. i like talking to him, which isnt that often.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.