Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Can you be in love with two people at once?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you be in love with two people at once?
Member # 8579

Icon 9 posted      Profile for nofxgrl56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so confused...I met this guy just the other day and he's cute, SMART, and hilarious!! I'm dead in love with him...then there's my boyfriend, totally loyal, loves me to death, smart, cute, and funny...
So here's my problem, I want to get to know this other guy a bit better, but I KNOW my boyfriend will start to become jealous, and start acting all mean towards me, then (just as my luck would be) The other guy will stop liking me too, thus, leaving me all alone. Does ANYONE have ANY advice for me?

Every star in my life equals one problem, which creates another...the sky extends for galaxies.

Posts: 12 | From: SLC, UT, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first bit of advice would be to check the Relationships FAQ, found further down the page in the Relationships Forum. Second, check the search engine. This sort of situation (in-a-steady-relationship-but-feel-attracted-to-somebody-new) has been covered several times before.

As to your particular question, it seems to me that there's a big difference between being attracted to someone and interested in getting to know him or her better, and being "dead in love with him." You barely know this new guy, so how can you be in love with him? I won't say it's impossible, but it seems pretty unlikely.

If your relationship with your current boyfriend isn't working out and you want to break up then do so, but do it for you, not for some almost-stranger (or for anybody else). However, it sounds like you really like your boyfriend, despite his tendency towards jealousy.

Only you can work this one out, hon. Slow down, take a deep breath, and think about what you really want.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.