Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » new friend- old friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new friend- old friends
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have 2 very close friends, they mean a lot to me. We have known eachother for about three years thats a long time in this school.
This new girl came in January and we clicked and, now we hang out a lot. Plus when you first come to this school it's really hard in the bigining , moving away from you family, and your past, So she needs someone. I think that my 2 close friends are starting to get irritated. I still talk to them a lot, just not as much as i used to. What should i do to be able to spend time with all of them, and not get anyone mad?

------------------
@nna

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the fun of juggling relationships.

Unfortunately, there are no easy answers. If your new friend and your old friends don't get along, you're just going to have to juggle your time so that you see everyone separately. Unfortunately, your old friends may end up feeling slighted in the process. I've been in similar situations, but I never did find a satisfactory solution for all concerned. Just try to be as fair as you can, while understanding that sometimes you just can't make everybody happy.

I wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you could get them to know eachother better, maybe do something all of the 4 of you. friends are never enough and the new girl would feel even more welcome and your other friends would meet a new friend...

------------------
~Sallynha
a shell

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankx, yea i told my friends that she's real cool. now there starting to like her and things are going better. Well, they still don't agree with her punk side but, they'll get over it.

------------------

*****@nna-Christine*****

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.