Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » 2Close

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2Close
Member # 7983

Icon 12 posted      Profile for LightbrownSugar124     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna make this quick i got this bestfriend and we are so close like sista and we share everything and sometimes i thinks she likes my boyfriend. Icome to her with my problems and she helps me but i can tell she flirts with him and then when i'm talking 2 someone else she always wants to talk to them. And it really gets on my nerves we always go places together but everytime i tell her or she c i like someone then she likes them 2. What should i do r we two close.
Thanks LightbrownSugar124

Posts: 63 | From: SouthCarolina | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand how this must be frustrating you. On the one hand she is your best friend and is very close to you but on the other she doesnt need to be THAT close all the time! The best thing I can suggest to you is to simply sit down and talk out your feelings with her. If you feel unable to do that then maybe your best bet is to write her a letter or email that you can express yourself in full and then ask her to meet you somewhere to talk in person about it.
I think thats the only way you are going to get through to your friend- she needs to know how you feel on the matter whether it hurts her or not. Chances are she will be upset but if you are able to mend your differences then your relationship will probably be stronger than ever.
Good luck in whatever you decide

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like your friend has some insecurities - think about it, does she ever complain about some problems continuously? Is she a natural flirt? Have you had a boyfriend before this?

Whatever the case, you definitely have to sit down and talk, and ask her why she's doing this - I think that's important because you, being her friend, really have to know if she has a problem with you having a boyfriend or is just seriously hurt by something.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. - Sir Winston Churchill

Dahlia @ here or here

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7728

Icon 2 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the problem is that you two are too close - infact it sounds like the opposite. You two need to talk things through and tell her if she is bothering you!Don't keep it all inside because it will just play on your mind and drive you apart. Hope it all turns out alright. *lotsa hugs from da bajjah*
Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.