Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Fading Apart please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fading Apart please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LightbrownSugar124
Activist
Member # 7983

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LightbrownSugar124     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
I have this boyfriend and i like him alot we have been together 4 like 8 months and now i feel like we are fadeing away i know he feels it to and lately I have had my eye on these other dudes and i think its better 4 me to be single then to be with someone. that way i can do what i like. But we been together long have problems and i just don't want 2 work it out. These other dudes like me and they want to hook up with me and all but i just don't know what to do so please can i have some advice.
LightBrownSugar124

Posts: 63 | From: SouthCarolina | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered the fact that maybe you're just not meant to be together forever? I know most of us were raised on fairy tales and would like our first "true love" to last forever, but honestly, that's not how it works most of the time. Most folks date lots of people before settling down for just one person, and even then a large percentage ends up separated or divorced and thus hopping on the dating wheel all over again.

Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be single for a while. In fact, I think it's an excellent idea NOT to jump immediately into a new relationship after breaking up an old one. Being single gives you time to find your own headspace and spend time with friends and family. It's also an excellent opportunity to think about what you want in a partner so maybe you'll go into your next relationship a little less blindly.

Relationships have their ups and downs. Should you break up with this guy? Only you can decide that. The only thing I would definitely advise is that if you do break up, you should do it for YOU, not for some other guy.

Good luck.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.