Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » astrology in relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: astrology in relationships
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 10 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was reading some other topics and thought this would be fun. tell me off if this was already posted, i already tried the search engine.

how does your astrology sign affect your relationship? i know i fit with my gemini sign perfectly, and thought i'd post some common threads in us twin-sters.

here's some advice to those who are dating or are planning on dating a gemini, as most of this sign i've met are similar (if you are a gemini and are different, then i applaude you)

1) no jealously, as being a social butterfly is natural to us, and restricting us may result in violence.

2) sense of fun. dinner and movie doesn't do it, unless that movie is watched while skydiving or something. have some little suprise planned. we love that.

3) we love to listen, and we love to talk. we are sensitive lovers with a knack for problem solving. we can handle our own problems, and those of several other people without breaking a sweat. if you need to talk about something, a gemini is definately where you should go (but don't bitch about the same trivial thing for over a week...we are interested easily, but get bored just as quick...)

4) be honest. we've got instant lie-dar, and we don't take kindly to it.

5) gemini is probably the most chaotic sign in the circle. we are the twin. don't be surprised if we seem a bit manic-depressive sometimes. we have a dual nature that tends to make us seem flaky. sometimes that is the case, but more often than not its just our psychotic teeter totter telling us its time to balance out. we can be on top of the world one minute and the bottom of the barrel the next. twins don't have to be similar.

there are tons more, but these are some good ones. what about you guys?

-mistress_monkey

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noob88
Activist
Member # 7723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noob88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a libra, I think another question is how many of us believ in it. Wouldnt you be more inclined to if it predicted positive things for you, and it was correct in those cases?

I dont really believ in it all that much but I find it fun to read up on.

------------------
-MONTY-

If you find you love someone more than you love yourself, I hope that person feels the same way.

"We may be through with the past but the past aint through with us"

"As far as I am concerned humans have not come up with a belief that is worth believing"

Posts: 104 | From: Tiburon, Ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 13 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really believe in astrology; I don't fit the what I'm "supposed to be" because I'm tall or male. Having another label and its associated role just isn't my thing....

------------------
Sapphire Cat
Looks won't tell who's living inside.
Artist, poet, programmer, dreamer, and crossdressing bondage kitty

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::laughs::

I'm a big floofy New-Ager, and I love things like astrology. I'm a classic Aquarius and very proud. Likewise, my partner is a classic Scorpio, and very proud as well, I think.

All the astrology books I've ever read say that Scorpios and Aquarii are terrible romantic matches, but we just passed the one-year mark in our relationship and are doing dandy! ::smiles:: But it is funny, a lot of the conflicts we have do kind of stem from the differences in our personalities that are defined in our astrological charts.

[Then again, we both have a lot of Libra in our charts, so maybe that's why we get along so well!]

Fun topic!

------------------
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" -Obi Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only believe it if what's said is good.
I'm Cancer. I dunno what to make of some of the things I'm supposed to be.

------------------
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. - Sir Winston Churchill

Luv,
Dahlia @ here or here

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm a libra. i crave balance and stability. i am an aesthete.

the last two guys i dated were capricorns.

that's as astrological as i'll go. i'm too pragmatic for such things

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Leo. I think astrology is a bunch of bull. Despite this, I do read my horoscopes for kicks, and everytime it always says something like this: "you meet a new guy you who fall head over heels in love with o the 23rd. be sure not to forget about your friends. you will have a big project; be sure not to forget about it by the 15th." And I've never had a boyfriend, so I think that pretty much explains why I disagree with asrology.

------------------
~A real friend is one that will help you clean up after the party's over.

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind with astrology, the place of the signs at the time of your birth influence you as well. What I mean is what house the planets are in. So in addition to being an Aquarius, I may have Leo tendecies as well. More specifically, at my birth:

Sun position is 12 deg. 49 min. of Aqu
Moon position is 23 deg. 12 min. of Gem
Mercury position is 0 deg. 39 min. of Aqu
Venus position is 29 deg. 25 min. of Pis
Mars position is 29 deg. 15 min. of Pis
Jupiter position is 28 deg. 52 min. of Cap
Saturn position is 27 deg. 10 min. of Sco
Uranus position is 16 deg. 57 min. of Sag
Neptune position is 2 deg. 35 min. of Cap
Pluto position is 4 deg. 45 min. of Sco

Things influence you differently. It all depends.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Saggitarius, he's a Libra. And I have no idea what that means.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sun Wu
Activist
Member # 7018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sun Wu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm skeptical of astrology... I'm a capricorn, but for the most part I've found astrological signs tend to be correct by making very vague and generalistic statements...
Posts: 117 | From: Where does my name remind you of? well it's wrong! | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charming_girl
Neophyte
Member # 8073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charming_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a scorpio and I seem to fit that perfectly. But when it comes to relationships, I don't really depend on astrology. I think it would still depend on each individual and their personalities more than a generalization.
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think astrology can be a valuable tool, but hardly something to base a relationship upon. Most of the time, predictions aren't accurate anyway unless they're based off of an individuals complete birth chart.
I'm a Scorpio, and in many cases I've completely disregarded the whole "compatible sign" aspect, simply because dating should be based on the person. Even within a given sign, people are very different, and it's about getting to know them as who they are. . . Not as who they're defined to be by astrology or anything else for that matter.
Although, astrology can be a fun aspect to add in a relationship, so long as it's not the determining factor.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Scorpio here!

And like a lot of people are saying, astrology's fun, but nothing by which I'd choose to live my life.

But then again, my boyfriend's a Cancer which is supposed to be a *fantastic* match

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm a taurus, my previous boyfriends were a virgo and a pisces, and my best friends are either taurus, gemini, leo or virgo - i guess. can't see a pattern there, so i guess astrology isn't a big part of my way to deal with relationships.

and i've never seen me as the usual description of a taurus.

i do read horoscopes sometimes, just out of curiosity, and sometimes they do seem to be "right". then again, sometimes i think it's more me wanting them to be right than them actually being right. don't think i'm making any sense here hehe

------------------
~Sallynha
a shell

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As an atheist I find it rather obnoxious when a chick asks me what my sign is.

I also agree with sapphirecat's sentiments on labels, people are constantly trying to label me and then they get pissed off at me when I fail to meet their expectations.

It's also really annoying when they start going on and on about how I fit my sign description. I'm just gonna start making shit up and completely lie about my birth date and see if they still claim that I fit my sign's personality. I'm sure they will.

Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by somewhatanonymous:
As an atheist I find it rather obnoxious when a chick asks me what my sign is.

I also agree with sapphirecat's sentiments on labels, people are constantly trying to label me and then they get pissed off at me when I fail to meet their expectations.

It's also really annoying when they start going on and on about how I fit my sign description. I'm just gonna start making shit up and completely lie about my birth date and see if they still claim that I fit my sign's personality. I'm sure they will.

as an discordian, i find it rather obnoxious when someone complains about something they don't have to.

no one forced you to answer. there's a million topics, and you CHOSE to put effort into this one. so if you find the subject to your disliking, than there is no responsibility on your part to answer, no less be mean about it. there's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but at least try to be curtious about it.

mistress_monkey

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I am an atheist, and I like having fun with star signs- I don't really believe in it, but I do find it interesting to see where I do and don't fit into my star sign. I've never had anyone accuse me of being materialistic because of my star sign (Taurus), because I'm not, but at the same time, I don't deny that I can be extremely stubborn (another Taurus trait) just because I don't want to be stereotyped as a Taurus.

I see it the same in relationships- if two star signs happen to interact the way the magazines say they will, I find that interesting. But if they don't react that way, I wouldn't end/not go into a relationship because our star signs are incompatible, nor would I stay in a bad relationship because our star signs said we were. I take it all with a grain of salt.

I do ask people what their star signs are, because its fun. Not because I want to box them. If someone replies, "I don't really like that sort of stuff" I won't press the issue, and there is really no need to get upset about it.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.