Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I too stupid to notice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I too stupid to notice?
Raven6669
Neophyte
Member # 6497

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Raven6669     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meet this guy a couple months ago (D)we talked on the phone and online a lot. His job requires him to work a lot which I understad. We met twice at the club and he told me that he likes me a lot. Well for a while I didn't hear anything from him so I gave up on him. I started dating this other guy (M). Evertime I was with M I could only think of D. One night D called me and told me he loved me and I told him about M. D calld me off and on for a couple weeks and I couldn't take it anymore. I broke up with M and I started to see D. I didn't know what was going on with D. He didn't call me as much and I have only seen him twice in 2 weeks. I fell in love with him in the beginning he was and is exactly what I'm looking for. About a week ago I lost my virginity to him. I'm 19 years old and I have waited for someone special and he is special. He called me the other night and I told him that I really care about him but I get this feeling that he just wanted sex. He told me he loves me and wants to be with me. I again told him that I want to be sure that he is with me for me and not just for sex he got mad and he didn't want to hear what I had to say. He got very demanding of me. I don't know if I should stay with him or if I should leave. He seems to only come over when I'm home alone and he doesn't want to go out. I told him that I want him to come over and watch movies and nothing sexual to happen and he said ok.

If I could please get some advice I would appreciate it a lot.

------------------
People fear what they don't understand.

Posts: 1 | From: El Paso | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know D and I can't read his mind, so I don't know what he's up to. However, your description makes my alarm bells go off.

Let me see if I've got this right: D kept calling even when he knew you were hooked up with someone else. He gets mad when you talk about wanting your relationship to be more than sex. He wants to see you alone but doesn't want to associate with your family or friends, and doesn't invite you to socialize with his family or friends.

Try to step back and take a solid look at your relationship. Do you feel it's going where you want it to? Do you spend more time feeling good or feeling bad about it? Do you have good communication patterns and have you talked rationally about some of the issues that are bothering you?

Only you can decide what to do. However, it sounds like you have some decisions to make. In the meantime, be sure you practice safer sex and take care of yourself. The latter might include making sure that a friend or family member knows what's going on so that you have somebody (in real life, not just us ) to turn to if you need support.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.