Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » shy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shy
misssdanger
Neophyte
Member # 6367

Icon 5 posted      Profile for misssdanger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright...i am dating this guy and he really hasnt had too many girlfriends and he is really shy..he told me he hasnt had too much experience with girls...so how sould i get him to not be as shy and to open up more and all??

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want him to be less shy in general or just less shy with you, personally?

If in general, forget it. That may just be the way he is, but the shy people I have known (including my own former self) don't change because others want them to. They change only when and if they make the decision and a conscious effort to be more outgoing.

If you just want him to be less shy with you, however, that may be possible. Be kind, gentle, and loving, and don't push him into places he doesn't want to go. Build his trust by being honorable and reliable. Let him take his time, and I bet eventually his shyness with you will decrease.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.