Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question...
Dumah
Neophyte
Member # 6439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dumah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is hard to explain so I will try my best to make myself clear...
I am an extremely quiet person and mostly keep to myself. I believe that dating and being in love with another person is a waste of time for ME. And to be honest, I don't care much for friendships either. I guess what I am saying is I enjoy being alone all the time. My question is what do you people think of this? Is something wrong with me? Or do you know anyone like this? I won't be offended if you think I am a freak or anything, just curious is all..

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think your a freak.

This is all your choice. Maybe you arent a people person. My sister is somewhat like what your describing. She is always alone. My mom dident think it was healthy, so she took her to a psychologist, and she said its fine. Eventually you will grow outta it.

As long as you are perfectly content now then dont pay attention if other ppl are telling you you are a freak, because you are not!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Why fall in love when there's better things to do?'

Maybe being social just isn't your thing right now, and it might not be ever, but so long as you're happy, I don't see it as being a problem. Different people need different degrees of human contact, and it doesn't mean there's wrong with them, unless what they're doing makes them feel bad.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.