Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i did something i probably shouldn't have...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i did something i probably shouldn't have...
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 9 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright, this'll be long... i'm sorry.

i met my friend alan in october of 2000 at a football game. i got his email, then we saw eachother at a school function but didn't get to talk. we emailed for a bit, but not much, then, when he went to college, we started talking everynight online, which started in september. so, in october, i went to do visit my cousin at the same school alan goes to, but i mostly hung out with alan. we didn't do anything, just hung out and we both had a lot of fun. then we hung out once during his winter break.

we always joke around about making out and having sex when we see eachother, but it's just a joke. (though, i wouldn't mind a good make out session with the boy! ) when we hung out last, we flirted a lot and my friend noticed. after that i told him online that i took interest in him, and he didn't reject me, but he just wanted to stay friends "for now" and he said "you never know what the future holds in store for us all"

so... i was just going to mess around with him a little online. (not like that) what i did was make an alternate email and i talked to him on msn as a girl that supposedly met him at a party at his school, but she's from a near by school... her name was jane. well, "jane" (me) talked to him a lot. about girls and sex and lots of stuff, and he told jane that he was a virgin. and he told me before that he's not. so, i don't know who he's lying to for one. and two... i ended up just getting a lot of information out of him and i feel really guilty now. really bad. he brought up a similarity in jane's email and my screen name that i didn't realize and so jane asked him about me. and jane and alan talked about his situation with me. and i found that he does like me but when he flirts it's mostly jokingly and he thinks thats what i do too. so jane asked him if he thought i really liked him and he said that he thinks i do, and that he likes me too. and... *sigh* i got all this stuff out of him about him and i, he and his ex, and stuff like that.

there was a lot that jane and alan talked about.. and it was helpful to hear what he had to say about me... but i feel really bad that i did this!

*sigh*

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You shouldn't have done it, but I think you realise that now, so I don't feel the need to say much more about it. Just don't do it again, and make sure you don't use the information you've gotten against him. And really, I don't see much there that seems bad. He likes you, but figures that even if you like him too he'd better better not make any moves unless he knows that's what you want. I don't think he said anything nasty about you (though I may have missed something). And remember too that a lot of guys seem to think that other people would think less of them if they knew they were virgins. Odd, that, as it's so seldom true.

------------------
In the past this information has been supressed, but now it can be told: Every man, woman, and mutant on this planet shall know the truth about de-evolution.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I felt so bad about what I did that I decided to tell him that it was me.

He blew up on me. He called and left me a message on my internet answering machine, knowing I'd hear it just a few seconds after he left it. Needless to say, it wasn't an "it's ok, i forgive you" message.

I cried a lot because it was kind of harsh... but then after some apologizing and such and explaining... he lightened up. And we discussed it. What was said and talked about in the conversation between he and Jane.

It has been a long time since we actually had a real conversation. Usually online we just say stupid things and joke around and it's been months since any real talking has been done. I think that is one of the reasons I kept talking to him as Jane, we were actually conversing. So I guess one good thing came of it and that was us actually talking.

I asked him why he told Jane that he was a virgin and he said he didn't really have a reason, he just did. I didn't quite understand, but I guess it wasn't too important to me now that I know that he wasn't lying to me. I asked if that was the only thing he lied about and he said yes and that everything else was true.

So, now, I feel better. Still bad for what I did. But it's better.

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.