Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How do you Forget the Ex's??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you Forget the Ex's??
Alaska_boy
Neophyte
Member # 3901

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Alaska_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What i mean is how do you forget them??
you know move on with you life and so forth.

What i do to move on is take everything that i have of there's like Poem's that i wrote for them. letters that i never gave them. pictures of us, or just them. and i make a FIRE!! just burn everything. it feels a lot better than it sounds. I suggest you try it. its very theraputic. Just make sure to start the Fire in a safe place ~.

So tell me how do you Forget??

-AB

Posts: 32 | From: P-Town,Alaska | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It takes a second to like someone
It takes a minute to have a crush on someone
It takes an hour to fall in love with someone
But it takes a lifetime to forget someone

I don't think being mad about your ex and wanting to forget her was what you were talking about, but I just thought I'd post that poem. I couldn't remember exactly how it went, but I think you get the picture

I don't think I know exactly what you're asking here because I think you sorta answered your own question in your own way. But I'll give it a shot:

How do you move on with your life? Well if you've already gotten over your ex, then you're already moving on with your life. Go out with some friends. Play in the snow (unless you're in Texas). Watch a movie. Clean up your room. Go post on Scarleteen (hehe).

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never truly had any desire to forget. Anyone I've ever been involved with I've learned from; I'm grateful for what they've taught me about myself. Sometimes the memories aren't as pleasant as I'd like but they always smooth out over time.

At this point I can honestly say that every relationship I've had has been worth the experience. I can think of one or two that were only worthwhile because they taught me what I don't want and helped define my expectation. Maybe not the most pleasant, but necessary nonetheless.

As far as moving on goes, I don't think I could remain fixiated if I tried. Time is just far to powerful to allow that. Not to say that I've never had a hard time moving on before. In fact, there are three years in between my current relationship and the one before it because I needed that time to heal and do the personal growth that I needed to accomplish.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morningstar
Neophyte
Member # 6281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morningstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't. It's funny -- I remember telling my first girlfriend that I loved her, and that that meant forever. It was true. I feel like with all of my ex's I saw something beautiful and special in them that I loved, and that I wanted to be around. I've been in and out of touch with some of them for a while now, and I have found that they make very good friends -- they know me really well, and they speak their minds with me. Not much point in worrying about hurting someone's feelings after you've dumped them, I guess. Anyway, my experience has been that there are almost innumerable causes for relationship failure, but rarely is it all one person's fault. So I just try to remember what role I played, what mistakes I made, and not hold it against the other person. It's really nice to not carry around that particular bit of anger or bitterness, when I find so many other worthy targets for my anger and bitterness.

------------------
"You can't stop your mind. The damn thing just keeps right on going"
-- Stephen King

Posts: 9 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.