Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I still dream sometimes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I still dream sometimes
mike17
Neophyte
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a relationship with a girl that ended six months ago. The reason it ended was because I did something with a girl and she found out. We were not officially together at the time but she was still hurt and it basically jeopardized any future relations between the both of us. Well it turns out that when she was screaming at me and telling me how could I do that to her, I found out that she slept with my best friend. To this day they are together and I lost A g/f and a best friend at the same time. The problem I have is that last night I dreamt all night of her. I would wake up, fall asleep, and still my next dream she was in it. I was really hurt for a while but my pain has gone away. What makes people dream about someone after they have sex with your best friend then end up dating them. I dont understand. Its driving me crazy that I still think about her! I want another relationship but I cannot see myself giving away my love anymore. I dont want to be hurt again. To be honest my attitude towards girls has changed. I block them out and I do not know how to change that. Sorry for babling but how come I drean bout her sometimes. have ypou ever been in that situation where you dream and cannot figure out why?
Posts: 21 | From: Az | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of hard times tend to come after breakups. Especially when you genuinely cared about the person (as it appears you did). It may seem really bleak right now, but the truth is that time heals all wounds. I was emotionally burned once and it took a lot of persistence and determination on my boyfriend's part to get me to open up to him. It took time and effort. It might be the same way for you. I can understand your resistence, but keep an open mind and be ready for new things!

------------------
i n t r o s p e c t i v e . . . .

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.