Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help,,plz!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help,,plz!!!!
Nick10119
Neophyte
Member # 6359

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nick10119     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been going out with this girl for about 5 months, and one day she went out with one of her friends to the mall. While there he friend seen a couple guys he knew and one of them was interested in my girl friend.Well after i found out that he was interested in her (which isn't bad) i found out that he got her a Christmas Present from Victoria Secret(lotion). Well now we both felt bad for him cause he has never had a girl friend so we invited him to go to the movie s with us. But he told my girl friend that if we do anything at the movies he is going to try to beat me up. Should i call off the movies? Or should i go and bring a couple people with me. I have know clue what to do!! PLZ HELP ME!!!

[This message has been edited by Nick10119 (edited 01-01-2002).]

Posts: 1 | From: Fort Wayne Indiana | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds to me like your heartv was really in the right place, but this guy isn't up to compromises.

Were it me, I'd call it off and simply tell him you don't think it is such a good idea. I'd also suggest your girlfriend consider returning the lingerie. That's a bit of an etiquette issue, so it's up to you, but in a very general way, gifts of lingerie from aquaintances who want to be lovers just aren't appropriate to give to monogamously partnered people, so the best bet to make the point clear (lest he feel her accepting the gift is a sign she's interested) is for her to return it with a nice "thank you for the thought but I can't accept this."

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicksta
Activist
Member # 6323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chicksta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're taking this WAY out of proportion. If ur gf is accepting this from him and talking to him on the phone and going places with him it would be one thing, but im not so sure she is. Maybe he just wanted to get her something that she wanted. If ur gf is accepting of him wanting to beat u up and didnt say anything to him about it, then im not so sure you should be with her. Maybe you should take a look at your relationship and she how you two are getting along right now. It could be her way of letting you know that she doesnt want to be committed to you, or it could be him just stalking her. either way, she should give him back the gift, SHE needs to tell him the truth and to go away because she's not interrested. He shouldnt just get her stuff to try to win her over. Im not so sure that it was the best thing on your part to invite him to the movie. Change your plans to a more public environment. That might help the "fight" thing. Even then, you could "ditch" him with some other people and not have to worry about it anymore.

hope i helped!!

Chicksta

Posts: 45 | From: Buford, Ga, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeapFrog
Neophyte
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeapFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather, it was lotion, not lingerie.
Posts: 25 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lux
Neophyte
Member # 6338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok let's start with this... why would you invite a guy who has a thing for your g/f to join the two of you at the movies?
it just seems to me that you're asking for trouble. this guy has never been in a relationship and very obviously has got it really bad for her. he most definately won't beat you up for trying something with your own g/f and if he does i think you should reconsider whatever friendship or relationship you have with him. if you are that serious about this girl and making it work i'd assume you wouldn't let one guys childish obsession get in the way of your relationship.
but that's just what i think so don't think too much into it. the only true advice i can really offer is what feels right and natural to you.

Posts: 9 | From: canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.