Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Anyone ever experience this situation before?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ever experience this situation before?
MysticMoon
Neophyte
Member # 6342

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MysticMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all-Scarleteen, you're awesome ^_^ I've been reading through the message boards for a month or so and finally decided to see if any of you have some opinions on what's been happening to me.
I've been interested in this one guy at my school for a little while, and after finding out from a close friend of mine that he was interested in me too, I asked him to Tolo (my school's version of a Sadie Hawkin's Dance--girls ask the guys and such). Well, I went with another couple (the same close friend) and we had a total blast. That was a Friday, and that Monday at school he practically ignored me. It took a full two weeks for him to start acting friendly to me again, and even then things weren't the same. Now, I know he had a good time at Tolo, seeing as he told others he did. The thing I can't really figure out is..was he nervous? Does he not like me anymore? I'm not too sure. I know the best thing would be to talk to him, but I'm on break now and haven't had the chance to see him/call to him.
My main questions to everyone are: a)Is he crazy? (^_^) b) Has this happened to any of you? c)What did YOU do in that situation? or d) Any other advice!
Thanks for listening to me rant!

~MysticMoon

Posts: 1 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGurl69
Neophyte
Member # 6331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGurl69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my personal opinion he is crazy and so are you. How come you didin't ask him to go to the Sadie Hawkins Dance? Soon as you found out that he was interested in you, that was your chance. He wouldn't have rejected you, he was interested in you already. He's crazy because he just ignored you, knowing he was interested in you. By ignoring you it just made things worse. You sound like a nice girl. I had this situation happened to me. I talked to the person and we were together. But anymore.

------------------
ONE LOVE,
ARIEL

Posts: 18 | From: MARLTON,NJ,UNITED STATES | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...i tried thinking of myself in that situation, but since i don't know you or the person, i really couldn't say what they're feeling.

To me, it sounds like nervousness, but i really don't know for sure.

If i were you, i would just ask him what's up. Don't be shy or nervous about it, because he could very well be wondering the same thing.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny
Neophyte
Member # 6214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also think like celtic daisy i think its nervousness hes nervous that you did not like him as well as your nervous he did not like you. your both waiting for each other to be the first one to talk

------------------
"The secret of life is......That there is no secret of life"

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.