Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I dont get it, Hes too confusing!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I dont get it, Hes too confusing!
miss ashli
Activist
Member # 5255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss ashli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had been going otu with this guy for a while. and this is the 2nd time we've broken up. But this time, it wasnt me or him saying "lets break up" we both agreed together that we would take a break. and then at lunch he said we had broken up. and thats not really what I'm concerned about.
What I dont get, is how he keeps telling me I'm beautiful, and pretty, and any guy would kill to go out with me.. THEN he says he isnt going out with anyone for a while, and who ever he does ever go out with will never measure up to me. then a few days later he starts tellign me he still likes me, but he just need some time as a non couple. I dont get it! I mean, we've either broken up, or not. and i know we have, but it feels like we havent because he wont stop telling me he likes me, and complimenting me, and good things! I mean, should I tell him to stop it because we're just friends, or let him keep complimenting me? I mean, at first it was just a break (and ive heard peopel say "lets have a break meaning many different things) then its "we've broke up" and NOW its "i still like you.. but I cant go out w/ anyone for a while" ughhh! whats going on!
Last time we broke up, it was for the exact same reason, and he ended up comming back!
What shoudli do abotu him? is he a jerk? I just cant tell what he is doing to me.

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

Posts: 100 | From: US of A | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicksta
Activist
Member # 6323

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Chicksta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
miss ashli - im sorry i didnt see this earlier - i have some great things for you...

if i knew exactly how long u have been together, then itd be easier for me to say this. Sometimes my boyfriend and i have to take a break from each other so we dont get "used" to seeing the same things day in and day out. Maybe your guy is taking this concept to the extreme. we dont break up, we just do things with our friends forever. this helps me cherish him the way he's supposed to be and vice versa. maybe he wants "the chase" again. Maybe he wants to feel like he's caught a prize but he doesnt realize that he's hurting you in the process. If he is just having some problems in his life right now and doesnt want to drag you down with him. I would have to say that you should wait and see what he has in store for your future. it could be good or bad. for now just chill flying solo - i know its not the best feeling in the world but it might be the best thing to do right now.

Posts: 45 | From: Buford, Ga, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicksta
Activist
Member # 6323

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Chicksta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you or anyone needs to talk - im most always on AIM --- its ChickstaGSU

- hope it all works out....

- CHICKSTA

Posts: 45 | From: Buford, Ga, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, there's also the guys that just aren't into getting into relationships. i know a couple. one of them i liked for quite sometime and believe me i was extremely confused by him! he seemed that he liked me, just nothing was happening. then there's a friend of mine that i've taken interest in and i told him and he didn't say "let's just be friends" like guy number one, but he also didn't say anything about getting together. and i questioned him on that and he just said "well, i'd like to stay friends... for now" and "you never know what the future holds in store for everyone"

so... maybe he does really like you... but he just doesn't want a relationship? hmm... *ponders*

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.