Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » VERY IMPORTANT!! LIFE THREATENING

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT!! LIFE THREATENING
unluckyNlove
Activist
Member # 4889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unluckyNlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELP!! my ex.. josh.. the one who i have came on here to get advice about is threatening me! he is threatening mine and my friends life. he wrote a whole bunch of letters to me and he is always right behind me whispering threats in my ear. what am i goin to do??? ive told everyone. i showd the letter to security at school and she went to talk to him and when he saw me afterwards he grabbed my arms from behind and whispered in my ear" it didnt work". i didnt do anything! he told me that unless i dropped my friends that he wouldnt be with me anymore. so i did the natural and smart thing and chose my best friends over him. now he threatened to hurt my friends baby and is always seen by her house, he knows everything about me, i saw im in my neighborhood the other day and he has no friends that live around here. what am i gonna do?? he threatened to kill me. i told the principle the police everything and nothing has been done. please tell me what to do.
Posts: 48 | From: Independence, Missouri, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Telling the authorities was definitely the right thing to do. Make sure that they understand how serious the situation is. Did you file a written complaint anywhere? Often times putting it in writing is a must. Do your parents know what's going on? Make sure you tell them immediately if they don't. Do not try to handle this alone.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astonishing
Neophyte
Member # 6255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astonishing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweety, don't you wait for anything to get done. MAKE something get done. Don't tell the police once: tell them over and over and over again. Call them, show them the letter, get witnesses to his threats to file complaints...and so on.

Bug them until they understand that you are really afraid: that this is not some silly threat, this is serious. If they understand and see this, they will most likely take action.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex stalked me for a while after I left him, so I've some experience with this sort of thing.

First of all, as ookuotoe and astonishing have already said, don't let the police ignore this. Call them everything something happens. Go down to the police station and file a complaint. If he's threatened your friend and her child, your friend should also go to the police. You both should consider getting restraining orders against him.

Document everything that happens. Keep any letters he gives you, and show them to the police and other authorities.

Try to have someone else with you as much as possible. That serves two purposes -- to discourage him from doing anything, and to have witnesses if he does something anyway. Make sure your parents know what's going on, so they can also file complaints.

Good luck, hon, and please be careful and get some help. Like ookuotoe said, this isn't something you should try to handle on your own.

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform." - Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's hard, I can't even begin to imagine the pain you've been through and how scared you must be. I think that following the advice of ookuotoe, astonishing and kythryne is something you should do, and I'm frankly astonished the police have done nothing. If your parents don't know you do have to discuss it with them, and, as astonishing said, talk to the police over and over again.

Good luck, and inform us of any developments.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGurl69
Neophyte
Member # 6331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGurl69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SINCE NO ONE HAS DONE ANYTHING, YOU HAVE TO TAKE MATTERS IN YOUR OWN HANDS. THE QUESTION HERE IS, WHAT ELSE COULD PROVOKE THIS DANGEROUS YOUNG MAN? DID HE EVER LAY HANDS ON YOU? DID HE EVER TELL YOU HOW IS HE GOING TO KILL YOU? YOUR BEST BET IS TO BEAT HIM TO THE PUNCH.

------------------
ONE LOVE,
ARIEL

Posts: 18 | From: MARLTON,NJ,UNITED STATES | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeapFrog
Neophyte
Member # 6340

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LeapFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By saying she should take matters into her own hands and beat him to the punch, I sincerely hope you don't mean she should kill him before he can kill her! I hope Unlucky knows that's about the worst advise she could ever follow. I say do as others have said and don't let the police put this at the back of the file cabinet. Document everything, file a complaint, try to get your friend to file one, too, and update the police any time anything else happens. And tell your parents if they don't know already.

And please, HotGurl, stop shouting.

Posts: 25 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.